Presenting Author - Meg Cabot

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Rhaneyra Black
No broom

Presenting Author - Meg Cabot

Post by Rhaneyra Black »

Name of the author:Meg Cabot
Main genre: Fantasy/Romance
Main audience: 12 years and onwards (if you're older like me and still enjoy princesses she's for you) New and Young adult
Main books: The Princess Diaries series, Avalon High, and the Abandon Series
Short summary of the author:Meggin Patricia Cabot was born in the month and year of February 1, 1967. She is a well known prolific American novelist. She has both written and published over 50 adult and young adult books, most notably the Princess Diaries in which Disney produced two movies from her books. One of her more hidden books is Avalon High, a retelling of King Arthur set in modern times which was on Disney.
Good points / bad points: I am going to give my honest review on the books I have indeed read which is the Abandon series. I have reread the first book Abandon. And have read the other two a couple years ago. Meg Cabot is an excellent writer, who has an amazing way with words, however, I think she needs to look at different ethnicities when she writes. This is because she not only has American readers but readers from all over the world, and they would like to also see themselves in the character. She writes Pierce, her main character as a poc woman (person of color.) But her description of her does not sound like she is.

However, her storytelling and world building for me, is untouched, she is one of the first authors whom got me into reading and I have never looked back.

Return to “The Bookshelf”