Comet 180

Book Review-Haunted North Georgia

Post by Emily Spencer »

Title: Haunted North Georgia
Author: Jim Miles
Series: Yes (Haunted America Series)
Genre: Horror/Supernatural

Brief Summary:

From haunted asylums to colonial mansions rife with things that go bump in the night, Mr. Miles takes the reader on a tour through North Georgia’s most haunted locations. The book also gives helpful visitor information about each location, as well as a history.

Here is what Goodreads has to say:
North Georgia is home to more than its fair share of ghosts, from scenic antebellum mansions to restaurants, mills and even an outhouse. Reverend Robert William Bigham of Coweta County received a supernatural visit from his wife after her untimely death. The night watchman at an Elberton cotton mill became acquainted with three haunting visitors in his four decades at the mill. Hikers on Lookout Mountain were surprised to discover a mysterious house eerily decorated with magical symbols and bones. Author Jim Miles reveals the most terrifying ghost stories from each county in the region.
My take:

While I found the stories interesting, it did read a bit ‘dry’ to me. I felt that less time could have been spent on information and a bit more on the actual ghost stories. Not saying that I didn’t enjoy it, but if you’re looking for a good scare, this is not the one for you.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head

Return to “The Bookshelf”