Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Book Review - Dark Guardian #1 Moonlight

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

Title: Dark Guardian - Moonlight
Author: Rachel Hawthorne
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy
Series: Yes
Summary: Kayla is the nature lover, the all-American beauty who can't understand why she's so drawn to distant, brooding Lucas. Lucas is dangerous, gorgeous... and a werewolf. As leader of the Dark Guardians, shape-shifters who gather deep within the state park, he has sworn to protect his pack. But when Lucas finds his true soul mate, his love could put them all in harm's way. As Lucas and Kayla struggle with their feelings for each other, a greater danger lurks: Humans have discovered the Dark Guardians and are planning their destruction. Kayla must choose between the life she knows and the love she feels certain is her destiny.

Good and bad points:
I can't say this story isn't good. Good, but it wasn't very interesting .... At first it was interesting and made me curious, but after a while it got a bit boring. The plot is predictable, the characters aren't that interesting, except for Lucas Wilde. I was kind of annoyed with Kayla. Personally, I don't like that type of girl. She is the kind of girl that is easy to like someone. She is also attracted to people she thinks are safe. Well, safe does not mean that the person is safe forever. The writing is good but the story wasn't really good, which didn't catch my attention to read the rest of its series.

edit - Septem-bean beans sent! - Tarma
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Septem-beans

Return to “The Bookshelf”