Moderator: Book Club Heads

Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Book Review - Master of the Game

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

Title: Master of the game
Author: Sidney Sheldon
Genres: Mystery, Fiction, Thriller
Summary of story: Kate Blackwell is one of the richest and most powerful women in the world. She is an enigma, a woman surrounded by a thousand unanswered questions. Her father was a diamond prospector who struck it rich beyond his wildest dreams. Her mother was the daughter of a crooked Afrikaaner merchant. Her conception was itself an act of hate-filled vengeance.
Warning: There are some adult acts here. So kids, it's not for you.

Good and Bad Points: I never imagined myself reading this book let alone finished it! The author did a great job by writing such an interesting book to read, even though I got pissed by how the main character being such a manipulative person, I can't stop reading because I was curious about the next! There are many plot twists, though :D I was excited when reading the first generation, where Jamie finally succeeds on his mission to get the diamonds then get revenge on Salmon. The story of the first generation was fairly good and beautiful, show us a lot about Jamie hard works. Anthony Blackwell is my favourite character, he is a decent child. But how he life turned out was quite sad. How his motherㅡthe main characterㅡbeing such a cunning and manipulative. I was pissed off with how Kate played her games with her son's life. Then, there's Eve. Okay, the book is really good to playing with reader's emotion xD The girl is just evil, lol. Overall this is a great book. A message from this book that I got is: "Don't be naive when you live in a cruel world. You have to be smart."

Return to “The Bookshelf”