Book Review - The Ascension Mysteries

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Book Review - The Ascension Mysteries

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Title of the book: The Ascension Mysteries: Revealing the Cosmic Battle Between Good and Evil
Author: David Wilcock
Series: no (but he's written other books to which he refers in this book)
Genres: philosophy/metaphysics, nonfiction, spirituality, science fiction, science, physics
Short summary of the story: Mr. Wilcock starts out the book with a story of his own time of growing up in a society which was fraught with memories of World War II, Vietnam and the 'culture' (and 'counter-culture') of that time. He dwells on having been bullied, and the reason for the bullying, both from his point of view and an understand (such as it is) of the mentality and emotions of the person(s) bullying. During this time, however, he also experienced things like out-of-body journeys and having times of knowing of things which would occur -- before they happened. All of this background is a viable launching pad for the continuation of his story. (You either believe him or you don't.) Then he starts in on world headlines, and what is behind them. On what is said, and isn't said, and why. He has a lot of documentation to back up what he writes. Over all, he ties in science, physics, philosophy and ancient writings to propose something which is rather interesting and, if true, appealing.
Good points / bad points: After a few chapters of this guy writing about his growing up period and being bullied, I felt - okay, I've got it. Let's get on with the rest of the book! However, I found out, later, why he dwelt on the events of his earlier life so much. Don't read this if you have no interest in UFOs, in cover-ups (by those in 'charge'), in looking for what is meant by those who were (and are) apparently running the show. Writing as a person who, at o-dark-hundred noticed a roundish LIGHT above the highway (Oh, when did they put in that street light?) and realized it wasn't a light at all and, after getting off the highway stopped her truck along the side of the road, got out of the truck and was looking for anyone to drive by so she could point up and say "Do you see that?" (but no one drove by) and eventually drove home .... to see an account of this unidentified 'light' (which was utterly motionless and utterly quiet) in the early morning paper the next morning, seen and reported by several people to the authorities (and newspaper), (and the story inexplicably disappeared in the later editions of the same paper), I'm quite aware that there are things going on of which the general public isn't made aware. (I've also seen, and experienced, other inexplicable events, but that was the only one of which I am aware of being written about in a paper.)
Overall - Mr. Wilcock has a very engaging writing style. It's a long book -- 473 pages excluding Notes and Appendix -- and has lots and lots of documentation. While I'm not saying that I agree with everything in the book, there is sufficient detail about things of which I am already aware, which is accurate, that I'm willing to look at the rest as 'possible' and some is maybe even true. Note: It's possible to read it as a very good science-fiction story, especially the last half.

The Goodreads write-up:
New York Times bestselling author David Wilcock has become one of the leading writers exploring ancient mysteries and new science. With his latest book, The Ascension Mysteries, David will take readers on a surprising and enthralling journey through the history of the universe, exploring the great Cosmic Battle surrounding our own Ascension.

David Wilcock’s previous New York Times bestsellers, The Source Field Investigations and The Synchronicity Key, used cutting-edge alternative science to reveal oft-hidden truths about our universe. In The Ascension Mysteries, David takes us on a gripping personal journey that describes the secret cosmic battle between positive and negative happening every day, hidden in both the traumas of our own lives and the world’s headlines.

Through his contact with a positive higher intelligence behind the UFO phenomenon, groundbreaking scientific information, and data from high-ranking government whistle-blowers, David reveals that the earth is now on the front lines of a battle that has been raging between positive and negative extraterrestrials for hundreds of thousands of years. The Ascension Mysteries explores the towering personal obstacles David overcame to unlock the great secrets of our universe and looks ahead to what this battle means for each of us personally. By unifying ancient texts from a variety of religions with scientific data and insider testimony, David presents a stunning conclusion—that Earth is on the verge of a massive cosmic event that will transform matter, energy, consciousness, and biological life as we now know it and will utterly defeat the great villains of our time
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “The Bookshelf”