Presenting Author: Jim Gaffigan

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Adaleine Shuster

Post by Adaleine Shuster »

Name of the author: Jim Gaffigan
Main Genre: Comedy, but I read this book for a challenge, and counted it as Gastronomy.
Main Audience: I think people ages 12+ would probably like it best
Main books: Food: A Love Story, Dad Is Fat
Short summary of the author: Jim Gaffigan is a comedian, and his books are super funny. If you need a laugh, he is the guy to read.
Good points/bad points: He is really funny, and I was constantly smiling as I read his books. I could find only one bad point, the fact that at times it seemed to drag.
Last edited by Adaleine Shuster on Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adaleine Shuster

Post by Adaleine Shuster »

Title of Book: Food: A Love Story
Author: Jim Gaffigan
Genre: Comedy, though I did this book for a challenge and marked it as gastronomy
Short Summary: The author is a comedian, and the book was very funny. It is him talking about different foods, and different areas of the world in relation to food. I listened to the audio book and read the hard cover, and listening to the audio book was amazing. He narrated it himself, and it makes all the difference. The book includes several "conversations" such as between two lobsters It is also evident his opinions on food in the book.
Good/bad points: It was a bit slow at times, but always got interesting again. It was funny and well written, so that is a good point.

Return to “The Bookshelf”