Main Genre: Fantasy
Main Audience: YA/Childrens
Notable works: the Septimus Heap Series

Title of the book: Magyk
Authors: Angie Sage
Series: Septimus Heap Series
Genres: Fantasy

Short summary of the story:

This is the opening book about Septimus Heap the seventh son of the seventh son and the beginning tale of his life and journey.

Good points / bad points:

I picked up this book because one of the blurbs on the cover was said it would be greater than the Harry Potter Series. After reading, I don't really agree with that observation. The book on its own is a great read; I immediately went in search of other books in the series.

As to how it compares to Harry Potter, for me, it possible how Harry life would have been is he was born into the Weasley family and all the adventures that ensues.
Bane of the Ra'zac
Amaryllis Storm
No broom

Book Review: Flyte, Physik, Queste, Syren and Darke

Post by Amaryllis Storm »

Title of the book: Flyte, Physik, Queste, Syren, and Darke
Authors: Angie Sage
Series: Septimus Heap Series
Genres: Fantasy

Short summary of the story:

In the next five books of the series, Septimus faces family issues, deals with various enemies, rediscovers forgotten magic and even time travels.

Good Points Bad Points

I decided to review the rest of the series together, it would be easier to give my opinion with giving away spoilers with individual reviews. The actions are sometimes fast pace and at other times lagging. There are points where you had to reread sections to understand what really going on as well, but I think the greatest plus is the diversity of what Septimus faces. He is a hero and a kid, who faces overprotective mom and a demanding mentor, has fought with his siblings and friends. and doesn't view the world in purely black and white. One of the other nicer aspects of the series is not everything is solely focus on Septimus, he is not the one always in danger, so you get to see a bit more of the world from other focuses.
Bane of the Ra'zac

Return to “The Bookshelf”