Katelin Ross
Oakshaft 79

Book Review: The Worst Witch

Post by Katelin Ross »

Title: The Worst Witch
Author: Jill Murphy
Series: The Worst Witch Series
Genre: Fiction, Adventure

I bet some of you have heard of the Netflix series, "The Worst Witch." But did you know that it is based on a book series by the same name? This quick read follows the characters as they enter the first form of Ms. Cackle's Academy. You can read the books or watch the show in whatever order you want to if you so choose to. This first book introduces us to Ms. Cackles Academy, the students and teachers. There are some similarities between the two, such as the character development. Without giving too much away, I enjoyed how the book and the series portrayed the characters in a way that did them justice in the books. Each character has their own likable not likable qualities.

If you liked the Netflix series, or are interested in watching the Netflix series, I would recommend this first book. It gives you a good, brief, overview on what to expect. This is a quick read as it is only 87 pages long, and there are more books to follow should you enjoy this first one.

Thank you to my Secret Santa 2018 for the wonderful signature and avatar!!
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Re: Book Review: The Worst Witch

Post by Bull J. Johnson »

I had no idea it was a book, but I watch the Netflix show and can not wait to try the books now, especially since they are not that long of a read. For some reason I really shy away from long books. It is one reason that I did not like the Harry Potter series. I guess I'm just not a bookworm, or at least not a fan of long books. Anyway who is your favorite character from the books or the tv show?
Katelin Ross
Oakshaft 79

Re: Book Review: The Worst Witch

Post by Katelin Ross »

I would definitely have to say that my favorite characters are Maud (first season Maud) and Hardbroom. Who are your favorites?

Thank you to my Secret Santa 2018 for the wonderful signature and avatar!!

Return to “The Bookshelf”