No broom

Book Review - W.I.T.C.H The Graphic Novels

Post by Hannah R Thomas »

Title: W.I.T.C.H The Graphic Novels

Author: Elisabetta Gnone translated by Various Authors

Genre: Fantasy, Action/Adventure

Audience: Middle School & Young Adults

Summary:
Will, Irma, Taranee, Cornelia, and Hay Lin (W.i.t.c.h.) are five ordinary friends with an extraordinary secret: they each have the power to control a natural element-air, water, fire, earth, and finally, the mysterious "Heart of Candracar." The girls use their powers to guard against evil and to uncover the truth behind mysterious portals leading to other worlds. Between school, family, and a new interest in boys, these girls had enough to worry about but now they have the secret to turn into a group of friends with special powers . . . destined to fight various evils and challenges along their new destined road.

Review:
I found it to be a drawing graphic read. A new girl, Wilhelmina "Will" Vandom, transfers to a new school in Heatherfield with her mother, and strange things begin to happen to her and four native girls who quickly become her friends. There is a TV show that I found to be mystical, of the same name, and once I heard that there were graphic novels, I lit up. As many experiences, these hold different plots compared to that of the animation. However, it still doesn't mean to give them a shot
Success just doesn't come and find you, you have to go get it yourself - Carmichael
Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the light - Albus Dumbledore

Return to “The Bookshelf”