Hannah R Thomas
No broom

Book Review: Blood Games

Post by Hannah R Thomas »

Book Title: Blood Games
Series: Chicagoland Vampires
Author: Chloe Neill
Genre: Dystopia, Fantasy, Mystery, Thriller

Blood Games is the 10th book of the series. I will start from the beginning: You are experiencing the life of the protagonist, Merit, who unwilling became a vampire. You see her transform from being a complete nerd as a graduate student to someone completely different, a warrior. As her life goes on, Merit experiences many twists and turns in her life that she never thought that was possible. If you wish to start from the beginning, here is the description of the first book, Some Girls Bite, which (can I say?) is addicting:

Sure, the life of a graduate student wasn’t exactly glamorous, but I was doing fine until Chicago’s vampires announced their existence to the world. When a rogue vampire attacked me, I was lucky he only got a sip. Another bloodsucker scared him off and decided the best way to save my life was to make me the walking undead.

Now I’ve traded sweating over my thesis for learning to fit in at a Hyde Park mansion full of vamps loyal to Ethan “Lord o’ the Manor” Sullivan. Of course, as a tall, green-eyed,
four-hundred-year-old vampire, he has centuries’ worth of charm, but unfortunately he expects my gratitude—and servitude. Right…

But someone’s out to get me. Is it the rogue vampire who bit me? A vamp from a rival House? An angry mob bearing torches?

My initiation into Chicago’s nightlife may be the first skirmish in a war—and there will be blood.
Success just doesn't come and find you, you have to go get it yourself - Carmichael
Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the light - Albus Dumbledore

Return to “The Bookshelf”