Book Review: "Maggie and Max"

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Book Review: "Maggie and Max"

Post by Bull J. Johnson »

Title of the book: Maggie and Max
Author: Ellen Miles
Cover Art: Tim O'Brien (I also loved his work.)
Cover Design: Steve Scott
Series: The Puppy Place
Genres: Children
Short summary of the story: Its about Maggie (the puppy) and Max (the kitten) finding a new how in time for Christmas.
Good point: I like how we get to see what the dog and cat is saying. I also like how cute they are. A third good point is that in the end Maggie (the puppy) and Max (the kitten) get adopted together by the homeless place.
Bad point: One bad point was when they tried to separate Max (the kitten) with Maggie (the puppy). Max was so sad to be away from Maggie.
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Re: Book Review: "Jake"

Today I read another Puppy Place story. This one about a dog name Jake and a horse named Smokey. I especially loved the ending where Smokey is found by his friend Jake. Another thing I like about this story is that Jake seems like a sweet dog that I would love to meet.

I also love the Puppy Tips section that is always at the end of every story. This stories tip is about how each type of pet have different needs.
Bull J. Johnson
Cleansweep One

Re: Book Review: "Maggie and Max"

Some of the different type of needs for a pet would be how to exercise them, for instance a horse would need to run or walk around a pasture, while a dog can chase a ball for exercise. Another difference would be the different types of food that a pet can eat, for instance a horse would need to eat manly hay, while a dog would either need to eat canned dog food or dry dog food, and a mouse would get cheese.

Return to “The Bookshelf”