Mister Monday - Discuss Chapters 25-29

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Mister Monday - Discuss Chapters 25-29

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Here we’ll be discussing chapters 25 through 29 of Mister Monday by Garth Nix!

Feel free to offer any thoughts that you like or to use some of our suggested questions below. There are also some optional creative prompts that you can choose to complete for more beans.

If you include specifics about the plot, please remember to use spoiler tags to avoid spoiling it for someone who might have clicked on this post by mistake. You can do this by typing

Code: Select all

[spoiler] around your text[/spoiler]
Discussion
Would you have chosen to heal Mister Monday as Arthur did?
Why do you think Arthur chose to let the former Monday’s Noon become the new Monday’s Dusk, rather than dismissing him for his actions earlier in the book?
Were you surprised at how deceptive The Will had been? And do you think it will keep its promise about leaving Arthur alone?

You can write as much or as little as you want (this is meant to be a bit of easy fun) but please do try to write at least a few lines to avoid spam. If someone has said something you find interesting, you should definitely respond to them.

You’ll earn 10 beans for contributing to the discussion.

Creative
Writing (15 beans)
What do you think Suzy was writing during the final battle? Explain in at least 50 words.
Art (15 beans)
Create a graphic of the night sweeper – either in its tiny form or once it’s been released. Please upload your graphic to an image hosting website and make sure it’s no more than 600 by 600 pixels.

The deadline for earning beans is 11:59 PM HOL-time on the 31st of October.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Scarlet Robloutain
No broom

Re: Mister Monday - Discuss Chapters 25-29

Post by Scarlet Robloutain »

Discussion

If I had remembered what Dusk had said, maybe I would. But since I forgot about it and probably would too if it were me in that situation, I would unfortunately not heal Mister Monday.

Why do you think Arthur chose to let the former Monday’s Noon become the new Monday’s Dusk, rather than dismissing him for his actions earlier in the book?
Because they did loyally serve their master and this would probably hurt them the most. They only did what was said to them and obeyed without question. Also it would save Arthur much headache to find a new Dusk.

Were you surprised at how deceptive The Will had been? And do you think it will keep its promise about leaving Arthur alone?
I wasn't surprised, no. And I surely don't expect it will keep its promise, but I also don't think it will sabotage Arthur, since he is its master.
pedes in terra ad sidera visus
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Mister Monday - Discuss Chapters 25-29

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

I'd like to think I would ...

This isn't an answer, really, but a speculation. Maybe Arthur is starting to realize all things are tied together and that decisions and choices he makes now might have some consequences further on down the way? He might be having wonderings about what all will be happening next, and wanting to cover any and all bases as much as possible.

It might also be that he's just, and simply, a nice person.

My answer to the first. Yes, I was a little surprised at how deceptive The Will had been.
My answer to the second -- :lol: :lol: :lol:
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Book Club”