Ella Enchanted - Discuss Chapters 7-12

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Ella Enchanted - Discuss Chapters 7-12

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Here we’ll be discussing chapters 7 through 12 of Ella Enchanted, by Gail Carson Levine!

Feel free to offer any thoughts that you like or to use some of our suggested questions below. There’s a range of discussion type questions and also a few more creative/imaginative prompts, so feel free to do whichever take your fancy.

If you include specifics about the plot, please remember to use spoiler tags to avoid spoiling it for someone who might have clicked on this post by mistake. You can do this by typing

Code: Select all

[spoiler] around your text[/spoiler]
Discussion
I love the book of fairy tales! Were you surprised to see what was in it? I was. I thought I'd see illustrations like in the books of fairy tales we have amongst the Muggles. But no! Why do you think Ella saw Mandy? Was it something of the past or was it a 'current time' viewing?
~ or ~
Does it show things which will be happening sometime in the future? Or does it show a mix of whatever magic thinks would be most beneficial for Ella to see?

Creative
Why is it that the sheep were untouched by the ogre's magic? "The ogres were only yards behind. Untouched by their magic, the sheep were baa-ing and bleating their fear." What kind of creatures could the ogres control? Was it only humans? Draw, or describe, a scene where the ogres and humans are interacting. How many ogres are needed to control humans? If their magic had a color, is their magic of a pale color or dark?
~ or ~
"But in bed, before I fell asleep, I’d imagine what I would do if I were free of Lucinda’s curse." What would you do if you had been cursed by Lucinda, as Ella was? Would you "paint lines of gravy on my face and hurl meat pasties at Manners Mistress" or something else? What would that look like?

Draw it! Remember to keep all graphics to 600x600. Thank you.

You can write as much or as little as you want (this is meant to be a bit of easy fun) but please do try to write at least a few lines for each topic to avoid spam. You’ll earn 15 beans for responding to this thread.

The deadline for earning beans is 11:59 PM HOL-time on 31st August 2022.

Post written by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)

Return to “Book Club”