Ella Enchanted - Discuss Chapter 25 - Epilogue

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Ella Enchanted - Discuss Chapter 25 - Epilogue

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Here we’ll be discussing chapters 25 - the Epilogue of Ella Enchanted, by Gail Carson Levine!

Feel free to offer any thoughts that you like or to use some of our suggested questions below. There’s a range of discussion type questions and also a few more creative/imaginative prompts, so feel free to do whichever take your fancy.

If you include specifics about the plot, please remember to use spoiler tags to avoid spoiling it for someone who might have clicked on this post by mistake. You can do this by typing

Code: Select all

[spoiler] around your text[/spoiler]
Discussion
Why do you think that the king would be holding three balls? Is it because they are in different locales or is it because he'd want to see who wanted to marry Char enough to come up with three different ball gowns? Or what?

~ or ~
Do you like how the story ends? Would you have ended it differently? If so, how would you have ended it?

Creative
Ah, what a beautiful dress. "My gown was a silvery blue with a pale purple petticoat." Draw this gown! Is it a slender gown, simple and elegant? Or is it full and long and trailing?
~ or ~
Imagine you are giving a ball. What would your colour scheme be? Would you have a full orchestra or just a few musicians playing? What time would the ball start -- and how late would it last?

Remember to keep all graphics to 600x600. Thank you.

You can write as much or as little as you want (this is meant to be a bit of easy fun) but please do try to write at least a few lines for each topic to avoid spam. You’ll earn 15 beans for responding to this thread.

The deadline for earning beans is 11:59 PM HOL-time on 31st August 2022.

Post written by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Harry Walles
Oakshaft 79

Re: Ella Enchanted - Discuss Chapter 25 - Epilogue

Post by Harry Walles »

Creative

If I were to have a ball, I would probably want it to be nature themed, so plenty of flowers and trees everywhere. The main colour would be green to bring a stronger connection to the theme. I would prefer to have just a few musicians playing, maybe two or three, no more.
Louis Walles
Moontrimmer

Re: Ella Enchanted - Discuss Chapter 25 - Epilogue

Post by Louis Walles »

Creative

My ball would be themed as pets. Everyone would have to dress up as some sort of a pet. It would have been necessary to make it unique and creative so that not everyone is a cat or a dog. The main colours of the ball would have been green, blue and creme. I would also want to have a full band of musicians :D
"He who fights too long against the dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you" ~ Nietzsche

Return to “Book Club”