Flash Fiction

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Re: Flash Fiction

Post by Emily Spencer »

I watched in awe as the velociraptor ran around in circles on my rug. Suddenly, it darted under my bed with a loud screech. Before I could say anything, out it popped again, dragging my lost mittens behind it.

"Ummm..thanks?!"

I assume the returned screech meant

"You're welcome." (48 words)
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

I was searching my room for my mittens when I saw it. A large velociraptor peeking out at me from underneath my rug. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things, but surely enough it began crawling towards me, donning the rug like a shawl. (48 words)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Beans have been sent for last week. :)

Story time again .... using these words:

rainbow, dog, lake

For example:

"Fetch!" I yelled, throwing the stick into the lake. Oberon (my dog, or am I his person) leapt into the water, splashing up such a huge spray of water that a rainbow appeared. He returned, stick in mouth, and gleefully gave it to me for another round. (47 words)
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hannah Lovegood »

I went to the lake with my dog. My dog drank the entire lake. We went to the Rainbow Ice Cream Parlor and I did not get my dog any ice cream because he was naughty. (36 words)
Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Post by Emily Spencer »

I was enjoying a lovely day at the lake when a frisbee landed smack dab in my lap. A man stood there, with a sheepish grin.

"Sorry, my dog isn't the best at catching."

After a mutual laugh, we shared some rainbow sherbert cones and a nice conversation. Good times! (50 words)
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

As my dog and I were on our daily walk, we wandered upon a small lake hidden in the forest. We watched it with wide eyes as a rainbow sparkled across its surface. I knew it was a good omen; we would be free of rain on our way back. (50 words)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Our final set of words for May are:

soil, stars, exuberant

For example:

The stars shone down upon the planet. It was a moonless night. Of a sudden, the soil beneath a small tree started moving. Slowly, slowly, then, with a final exuberant burst, a starflower appeared, leaves expanding out from the stem and a pale lilac blossom unfolding. (46 words)
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

I was sitting in my yard in a pile of soil. Then I saw a shooting star. I was so exuberant that it made me jump up and start dancing. (31 words)
Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Post by Emily Spencer »

I was beyond giddy as I saw the green shoots peeking out of the soil. With an exuberant, impromptu jig, I celebrated under the stars. Growing anything on Mars had proven a futile venture thus far and my success had me fairly bursting with pride. Go me! (47 words)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

June starts out with:

torch (flashlight), wand, cloak

For example:

It was time to go exploring. I swirled my cloak around my shoulders, made sure my wand was in my back pocket, and grabbed my torch. Tiptoeing out of the castle, I headed towards the nearest Starbucks. (37 words)
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

I grabbed my torch off my shelf because I couldn't find my cloak. Finally when I found my cloak and put it on, then I sat down and I heard snap. Then I reached into my cloak's pocket and pulled out the shatterings of my wand. (46 words)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

June continues with:

rain, house, kitten

For example:

Outside the rain beat against the window, but here, inside, it was dry and snug. The kitten mewed hungrily, dashing to her house within the house, and searching for food. (30 words)
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

Today it rained on my house so hard that it collapsed. Then, I saw a kitten so I rescued it. Then it began to meow. (25 words)
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

As the rain poured down upon my small house, I searched frantically for my new kitten. She likely hadn't heard such a storm before and I worried about where she might get to. With this weather, you couldn't pay me enough to run outside in the rain searching for her. (50 words)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Beans have been sent for last week. B)

Words to use this week:

cauldron, strand, moon

For example:

As I stirred more ingredients into my silver cauldron, I looked over my shoulder to where the moon should soon show up. Yes, there it was. I waited .... and a strand of moonlight reached into the grove and illuminated the potion. Flash! (42 words)
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

I was stranded on an island and I saw the pretty moon above me. Then, a cauldron appeared out of nowhere so I used it. (25 words)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Beans have been sent for last week. B)

Words to use this week:

wind, snow, heat

For example:

I crouched beside my small fire, holding my hands to the heat of the flickering flames. My next task would be to make some kind of barrier wall of snow, to block the wind whistling through the valley and trees. (43 words)
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

As I trekked through the makings of a blizzard, I felt snow stick to my eyelashes and the wind cause my hair to blow haphazardly around my face. It felt as if I hadn't been warm in ages, and what kept me walking was the promise of heat. (48 words)
Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Post by Emily Spencer »

The wind howled through the valley and the heat was overwhelming. I sank to my knees in despair and huddled in the sand. When all seemed lost, I felt the cold kiss of snow on my cheeks. Either the gods decided to be merciful or I was hallucinating. Blessed relief! (50 words)
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Ashes land on eyelids like flakes of snow as fire continues to devour the area. We shade the sharp glare of sunshine with chapped hands while wind blows heat in our faces. Not everyone thinks this view is pretty, but we are all pleased “It” is done. Finally and forever. {50 words}
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."

Return to “Book Club”