Flash Fiction

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Re: Flash Fiction

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

I walked along the beach, breathing the scent of spring. My right hand holding a kettle and my left hand holding a reading book. I smiled when the Lighthouse finally came into view, mom was standing in front of it waving to me with her big smile. (47 words).

Edited: I forgot to add the word count.
Last edited by Silvana Mandeville on Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hannah Lovegood »

I went to a beach and I had a lot of fun. I splashed around and there was also a really pretty lighthouse, which I got a tour of. There was a kitchen in the lighthouse with a kettle on the stove. (42 words)
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

Under the palm trees and the shadow of the old lighthouse, my friends and I sat peacefully on our annual trip to the beach. Preferring to make our own food and drink, something we often did, we had a kettle set upon our small bonfire where it would soon boil. (50 words)
Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Post by Emily Spencer »

Beans awarded for last week B)

The words for this week are:

ice, warrior, ginger

For Example:

I kept a wary eye on the warrior marching over the ice and snow. I trembled with fear as he stopped before me, growling out a question:

"Do you have any ginger beer?"

With a shaky laugh, I handed him a bottle and we enjoyed our drinks in companionable silence. (50 words)
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

One hot summer day, I decided to have an iced ginger tea while I read a warrior comic book. The warrior in my comic book reached out through the page and grabbed my hand and pulled me into the comic book. I had an adventure with the warrior. (48 words)
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

He turned to me when I placed a small box in front of him.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Just open," I replied.

Inside of it there are some gingerbread and an ice cream cup.

"It's a payment for yesterday's help, Warrior," I whispered and sit beside him. (48 words)
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

Aaron gingerly reached into his pocket, withdrawing a small stone. It was almost entirely iced over and seemed to have engravings etched into its smooth surface.

“Would this be sufficient payment?” he asked the stone-faced warrior to his right.

The man nodded and pocketed the stone before waving Aaron on. (50 words)
Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Post by Emily Spencer »

Beans awarded for last week!

This week's words are:

battery, tissue, pocket

For example:

The robot handed him a tissue, which he promptly stuck in his pocket. The robot handed him another...and another...and another.

"Time to change the batteries on this one," Luke thought.

"Come on, R-2, let's get you fixed up properly!"

R-2 chirped happily! Battery recharge day! Splendid! (46 words)
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

One day, I had a tissue in my pocket and then I found a battery and put it in the tissue in my pocket. The battery turned into a portkey that led me right to Hogwarts. It wasn't a one use portkey. It worked forever. (45 words)
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

The trees were so tall and close together they almost blocked out all the sunlight above. Luckily, I had a battery-powered flashlight and could see that the path forked ahead. Strangely enough, a tissue lay in the path to the right, so I pocketed it and went that way. (49 words)
Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Post by Emily Spencer »

Beans awarded for last week!

Our last set of words for April are:

coffee, birthday, daughter

For example:

It was my birthday, so I treated myself to a cappuccino at our local coffee shop. Then it was off to the spa for a relaxing massage. Pampering is nice! In that respect, I am my mother's daughter; she taught me well. (44 words)
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

I put my milk on the coffee table then sat on the couch. I reached to my left and grabbed a box from the pile of my birthday gifts, it was from Aura's daughter. Inside was a book I had been looking for! (43 words)
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

It was my daughter's birthday so we decided to go out and get coffee to celebrate. But the coffee store was closed so we went to Hogwarts and got some coffee and had a party. (35 words)
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

Hadley looked down at the coffee-stained counter. Crumbs littered the surface and there was an empty package that once housed the candles on the birthday cake in the center. Her friend's daughter sat happily in her highchair across the table, licking the plate clean with a huge smile. (48 words)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Beans have been sent for last week!

May starts out with an odd collection of words. :D

maze, balloon, frog

For example:

The frog wanted to have an overview of the maze, so she fired up the hot-air balloon and leapt into the basket, to soar over the intricate pathways and look directly down upon it. (34 words)
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

I went to the fair and I got a balloon but I accidentally let go of it, so then I went to the maze. It was a lot of fun. At the end, I got a frog trophy because it was a frog-themed maze. (44 words)
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

Silently wishing a fond farewell to all his peers left in the maze, the small frog grabbed ahold of the string of a passing balloon and let it carry him upwards into the sky. He was excited to see where the wind would take him. (45 words)
Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Post by Emily Spencer »

I was hopelessly lost in the maze; I swear I had been wandering around for hours! I sat down, defeated until a little boy holding a frog-shaped balloon came along and tugged at my hand.

"Follow me"

....and so I did. Lost no more! (44 words)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Beans have been sent for last week. :)

Write me a story with these!

rug, mittens, velociraptor

For example:

The velociraptor spun around on the rug to trot back to her room when her mother roared out "Remember your mittens!" (21 words)
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

I stepped onto my rug to put on my velociraptor mittens, but then all of the velociraptors came to my house because they wanted the mittens. They ate my house! I ran to the little castle and I had a little party to make myself feel better. (47 words)

Return to “Book Club”