Flash Fiction

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

Re: Flash Fiction

Post by Hannah Lovegood »

On the television, I saw these people flying and they had really colorful jerseys. I saw some people in a Quidditch game. I saw a lot of lightning bolt broomsticks. At the end of the game, all the players were on the ground because they fell. (46 words)
Last edited by Hannah Lovegood on Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

It wasn't too often we could get our old Muggle television to turn on, much less find a wizarding station. Today however, we'd struck gold. Our shabby tv blared with the bright jerseys of the Quidditch teams flying through the sky as we sat in wonder. (46 words)
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

I was watching television when a jersey landed on me. I turned around to see Freda smirked at me. I snorted quietly and threw the jersey to her, it flying over above her head making her laugh hard. (38 words)
Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Post by Emily Spencer »

I rarely watch television, but the players in colorful jerseys flying around the Quidditch pitch were quite captivating. How in Merlin's name did a wizarding event end up on Muggle television?! My father and Arthur Weasley 'fixed it' apparently. Mystery solved! Hurray for happy accidents! (45 words)
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Beans have been awarded :)

The words for this week are (aside from being late.... oops)

building, artefact, speech

For example:
"That was some speech you gave," she said, brushing dust away from the artefact they’d just unearthed.
"Really?” he asked, “I don't think they understood at all. They don’t realise what we're building here."
"Oh, they will," she said with a secretive little smile as the artefact began to glow. (50 words)
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

I am standing in the second row, staring lazily at Mr. Marius who is making a speech. Soon we will start our tour in this ancient building to see the artefacts for the History project. (35 words)
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

Liane stood, artefact in hand, as she dusted off her threadbare clothes. "Well I'm for a celebratory speech as much as anyone, but I think this will speak for itself," she muttered. A high-pitched whine was emitting from the strange device, building in volume as the group watched with curiosity. (50 words)
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Beans awarded for last week :)

This week's things are...

Magnifying glass, sign, dot

She peered at the table top and wished she had a magnifying glass. The splotch of ink could be a deliberate, secret sign or it could just be a random dot, left over from when someone had written something in a hurry. She sighed and went back to her homework. (50 words)
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

She stared at the words on the page. She couldn't quite make them out, but she knew it was a code with that telltale sign. She used her magnifying glass to make out each little dot and solved the message. They would need to hurry. (45 words)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

Since the words were posted late last week, I thought that the deadline for submission was Wednesday. :(

I went to an art museum and the building was really pretty because it was brick. When I went inside, there was a person doing a speech and they had a lot of artefacts. (34 words)

I wrote the new one right now so I didn't miss the deadline this week.

I saw a magnifying glass and a trail of dots so I followed them around the world. I decided to go back around the world again after I realized what I was doing. When I finally decided to stop, I saw a sign that said HOL Trinkets and Fun. (49 words)
Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Post by Emily Spencer »

The magnifying glass lay on the table next to the parchment. Handy!

"Sign on the dotted line, please."

"Not until I read the fine print!"

Satisfied, I wrote my name. Single again!

I shed no tears but walked out into the night. Free at last.

(45 words)
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

I was home after signed an important contract, and now standing on my apartment's balcony while watching people on the busy streets below me. Oh, they looked like little dots and I feel like I would need a magnifying glass to see them. (43 words)
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

In the fork in the road was the smallest sign Nell had ever seen. Even taking out their magnifying glass couldn't help them see the tiny text. The words looked like dots even with all the tools at their disposal. Well, Nell supposed they would take the left path. (49 words)
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Beans awarded for last week. :)

And our final things for March are....

cauldron, bridge, tree

For example:
He was stuck in a tree for the fifth time that morning. The dwarf began trying to rectify matters, the cauldron spinning in the current. He knew he should have splurged on a proper boat. He noticed a bridge ahead with a sign ‘Chez Troll’. The day just got better. (50 words)
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Post by Emily Spencer »

The girl peered at the mixture in her cauldron with a look of disgust. Brackish liquid, the color of spoiled tree sap bubbled in protest at her silent judgment. Wordlessly, she dumped the whole mess over the bridge into the water below. Time to try again...again! (46 words)
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

On her way, she found the first clue - a cauldron located roughly at the crossroads of Nowhere Ave and Lost Street. The map showed a large tree planted next to it, so she had a clue. However, she would need to figure out how to cross this bridge first. [49 words]
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

There was a very pretty cherry tree and a bridge there and a big field and I saw February Fortescue. We went back to Hogwarts where we both had potions and we got to work with cauldrons. Then we went outside Hogwarts where the trees started attacking us.
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

The mouse stared up at the bridge from his small cauldron boat. What a gigantic structure, he thought. It was as long as a tree is tall, and lingered over his head menacingly. He was lucky to have found a boat suitable for his travels. (45 words)
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

I leaned to the bridge railing, waiting for my father who was talking with his friend under the Maple tree. My stomach grumbles, longing for food. I put down the new cauldron we just bought earlier and pulled out the sandwich from my bag to eat while waiting.
Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Post by Emily Spencer »

Beans awarded for last week B)

Our first words for April are:

kettle, beach, lighthouse

For example:

Sitting on the beach, I saw a young man banging on a large tin kettle. My curiosity aroused, I wandered over and asked what he was doing. He pointed to the nearby lighthouse:

"Foghorn's broken so I have to make noise for the ships."

Curiosity sated, I nodded and left. (50 words)

Return to “Book Club”