Flash Fiction

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Re: Flash Fiction

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

The wind was blowing quite hard tonight, the snowflakes fell to cover the road where I passed. Some of them fell to my nose and made me puff happily. I shivered softly and tightened my jacket, trying to find some heat. (41 words)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Beans have been sent for last week. ^_^

Words to use this week:

soda, spaghetti, blanket

For example:

I had spread my blanket on the ground under the tree, preparing for a picnic. For some odd reason, baking soda was in the basket, as well as my spaghetti! Fortunately the caterer had also included the thermos of coffee, so all was well. (44 words)
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

His mind feels like a plate of spaghetti. Twirled by a fork, chewed, then washed down with that same glass of soda mom always liked with her pasta. He wants to burp it up and away, the missing parts, but hopes tightly wrapping in a blanket works just as well. {50 words}
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Post by Emily Spencer »

I sat on the picnic blanket sipping on a soda and absently twirling spaghetti on my fork. My mind was a million miles away, and a wave of homesickness washed over me. Earth was wonderfully quaint, but how I missed my home planet of Mars! (43 words)
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

I peered over the top of my soda can at my sister as I watched her precariously balance a forkful of spaghetti. It certainly looked like it might not spill, but I was nonetheless worried for the blanket we were sitting on. (42 words)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Beans are sent for last week. :)

Words to use this week:

barn, twilight, haggis

For example:

At twilight, I stole my way outside, carrying the haggis (that my aunt insisted to bestow upon me) in a napkin. I made my way to the barn, and beneath the eaves, buried it. (37 words)
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

We lay up in the barn eating Bertie Bott’s. On the loft with that perfect view of the twilight sky. For some reason nobody I know likes the haggis flavored ones, so you give me those and I eat them with relish. The condiment flavored beans, not, like, “with gusto.” {50 words}
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Post by Emily Spencer »

It was twilight when I took refuge in the old barn behind our house. Totally oblivious to my deep aversion, my mother was happily cooking haggis for our evening meal. Needing a few minutes to steel myself for the ordeal, I took a few deep breaths before heading inside. (49 words)
Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

I decided to enjoy the beautiful evening twilight with a horseback ride. As I headed out to the barn, my mom told me I would be missing the haggis she was preparing for dinner. I told her I would eat when I returned, fully intending to miss the opportunity. (49 words)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Beans are sent for last week. ^_^

Words to use this week:

late, sunshine, walk

For example:

I was so late, it was pathetic. Still, in the brilliant sunshine, even as warm as it was, as I made my way to the meeting, I didn't walk, I ran. (31 words)
Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Post by Emily Spencer »

It was late morning when I decided to go for a walk; it was too pretty of a day to waste inside. The sunshine felt warm on my face, and I set out with a smile on my face and worlds to conquer. I love summer! (46 words)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Words to use this week:

dilligrout, monarch, sunshine

For example:

Bright sunshine glowed in the woods, and illuminated the offering of dilligrout to the new monarch. (16 words)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

No beans are sent for last week. -_- Guess no one wanted to touch the dilligrout! :D

Words to use this week:

music, skipping, midnight

For example:

Alice was skipping along, singing a tune of her own making. The music echoed softly in the trees, dark with the shadows of midnight upon them. (26 words)
Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Post by Emily Spencer »

Right on cue, at the stroke of midnight, I heard the music. My heart beat wildly as I saw the robed figures skipping down the path toward me. Tonight was the night I had been waiting for my whole life. Formal induction into the Sisterhood at last. (46 words)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Words to use this week:

rain, wings, blue

For example:

My coat spread out like wings as I ran through the rain to get to the carriage. Heavy clouds, broken by patches of blue here and there, promised more precipitation as we came closer to nightfall. (36 words)
Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Post by Emily Spencer »

Blue skies seemed an enigma as I ran through the rain, wings of desperation spurning me ever faster. Shelter was crucial and I jumped as a bolt of lightning crashed near my head. An old barn loomed ahead and I hurried to avail myself of the safety it offered. Success! (50 words)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Beans are sent for last week. :ph34r:

Words to use this week:

spot, leaves, red

For example:

"See Spot run!" I laughed, as we chased the leaves blowing in the fierce wind. Spot, her red tongue hanging out of her mouth in a panting grin, looked at me, victorious, then leapt and landed with a bright yellow leaf held carefully in her mouth. (46 words)
Emily Spencer
Cleansweep Three

Post by Emily Spencer »

The mark of the red spot seemed impossible to erase. I tried in vain to scrub at it with a handful of dried leaves but to no avail.

"Darn you, Doctor!"

Amy Pond glared in the direction of the TARDIS. Pirate adventure, indeed!

"Rory, fix this NOW!" (47 words)
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

Theresa looked warily at the red chair across the room. It was lined with velvet and had the most ornate armrests she'd ever seen, likely a spot unofficially reserved for the monarch. As she took notice of the leaves outside, remarkably like the chair in color, the king swept in. (50 words)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Beans are sent for last week. B)

Words to use this week:

library, baby, fleet

For example:

"Oh, oh."
I heard the words with a sense of dread, as I was reshelving a book in the library. Glancing over my shoulder, it looked like a fleet of ants were taking baby steps marching across the floor. Three people were trying to herd them out the door. (49 words)

Return to “Book Club”