Book Bout - Questions

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Book Bout - Questions

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

If you have any questions relating to Book Bout, please post below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Louis Walles
Moontrimmer

Re: Book Bout - Questions

Post by Louis Walles »

Hi! I'm sorry if this is obvious but I'm a bit lost haha. So If I finished reading a book, let's say, Harry Potter, I have to post a review (start a topic) in the Bookshelf forum (or if there's already a topic with my book just comment under it) and then what should I do to let my points count? I know I need to post a link to my review but where? Thank you in advance :D
"He who fights too long against the dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you" ~ Nietzsche
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Hi Louis! Yes, that's right; you can also post about the book in one of the Between the Pages discussions instead if you can think of something to say that fits one of them.

You then edit a link to that post into your original reply to the signup topic as well as whether you think it fits the theme (exploration/adventure). If you also want the book to count for one of the reading prompts, you should specify which and give a brief explanation about why it fits that particular prompt.

If I was doing it, I might say "I read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (link to my review). It fits the theme as it's about adventure. It also fits the prompt about unusual modes of transportation because there's a flying car."
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Louis Walles
Moontrimmer

Post by Louis Walles »

Great! Thank you so much!!! B)
"He who fights too long against the dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you" ~ Nietzsche
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Post by Gail Allen »

I am currently re-reading a book I read some years ago.
When I finish that, does that count or not?
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Re-reading is fine, as is reading an audio book or graphic novel. :)

Providing you've read (or reread) the majority of it during the challenge period itself, it's all good.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)

Return to “Book Club”