Winter Reading Challenge 2018/2019 Questions

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Winter Reading Challenge 2018/2019 Questions

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:41 pm

If you have any question regarding the Winter Reading Challenge, please feel free to post it below. Any of the Book Club staff will answer you as soon as possible. If you would prefer, send me a HOL Forum PM and ask. I can post the question (and answer) in here (but not say who asked it).

Here are some previously asked questions and their answers:

1 - Do Fanfictions count?
Answer: No

2 - Do graphic novels, or manga, count?
Answer: Yes. Graphic novels absolutely count. Remember, that while online fanfiction and the like doesn’t count, you’re free to mix it up with some re-reading, audio books or graphic novels.

3 - Do I write in all the books I intend to read when I post my pledge?
Answer: No. When you post your pledge, you simply say how many you will read. Then, when you've read a book, posted about it in Book Club, then you edit your post. You write the name and author of the book which you read, and put the link to the post you made.

4 - Can I increase the number of my pledge?
Answer: Yes, you can increase the number of your pledge. However, if you meet your initial pledge of, say, 4 books (reading and writing about them), and decide to increase your pledge to, say, 6 books, but do not meet this new pledge, unfortunately you wouldn't get the award for meeting your initial pledge. In this scenario though, you are welcome to keep to your initial pledge of 4 books, while still reading and posting about 6 books.

5 - Can we do books that we started reading before the pledge was given? Because I'm halfway through a book right now and I'm wondering if it will count even though I started a few weeks ago?
Answer: Yes. If you are halfway (or less) through a book as of the time of your pledge, that may count as a book. :) If you are more than halfway through it, though, nope!
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Winter Reading Challenge 2018/2019 Questions

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:23 am

Question: What kind of 'appropriate' criteria needs to be met for a book to be eligible for this Activity? Is there any?

Answer: Yes. In addition to any other qualifications mentioned for eligibility, all books used must be HOL appropriate.

Question: Do I write in the names of the books I intend to read when I make my pledge post?

Answer: No. 1) You write your pledge. 2) Read a book. 3) Write a review of it. 4) Edit your pledge post with the name and author of the book and a link to the post you wrote.
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: another question and answer - Tarma
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Winter Reading Challenge 2018/2019 Questions

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:39 pm

Question: May I still sign up for the Winter Reading Challenge?

Answer: Yes! There are two weeks left of the Reading Challenge. :) As it says here, it lasts through January 27th. So write your pledge!

Remember, to get credit for the book(s) you read, you must read the book, write a review, edit your post with the link to your review, all of that. (Check out the part 'Things to Remember').

We already have Iverian Gnash and Vanessa Tilley who have met their goals. :D We also have Joey Stark who keeps meeting his goal and then ups it ... :lol:

Edit: A few hours after I posted this. Joey Stark just wrote up the review of his 10th book and joins with Iverian and Vanessa for meeting their goals. :ph34r:
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Book Club”