Where Do You Live?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Athena Paulus
No broom

Post by Athena Paulus »

I'm from sunny Florida. I love living here most of the year......but I really hate it when it gets in the upper 90's!!!! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Edit: No cities please, Dom.
Last edited by Athena Paulus on Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4th Year | Gryffindor | at351
Brittany Halbrook
No broom

Post by Brittany Halbrook »

eastern USA!
Last edited by Brittany Halbrook on Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^made at Hogsmeade ID shop^
Brittany Halbrook l br482 l Gryffindor l third year l Safari Den l Tent Three l PPC Member l Gryffindor Drama Club l Pensieve staff reporter l Gryffindor Awards Committee
Kashana Nightdweller
No broom

Post by Kashana Nightdweller »

*sighs* I'm the only Alaskan here.. I feel so alone.. There's no one here...beside meeee.. Eh, *goes off and moves to Canada* There we go. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />
Thanks to Morgy Black for my siggy! *huggles*
Rachel Cherokee
No broom

Post by Rachel Cherokee »

SINGAPORE!!!! whee. *g*

It's hot, hot, hot and hot. We have summer all year round. If you pop by, try the food. *g*

In case you do have problem finding it, we are NOT under China contary to popular belief, we are actually below Malaysia, look down and you'll find this small dot. That's us! *g*

Okay, Singaporean pride over.
Sometimes we can choose the path we follow.
Sometimes our choices are made for us.
And sometimes, we have no choice at all.
Cassiopeia Almara
No broom

Post by Cassiopeia Almara »

Hi
I live in a city in Germany.(we don't wear leather trousers all the time /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> )

I love living in a city because you get everywhere easily, although there is not so much nature here...

bye Cassiopeia (Cassi)

No cities please, Dom
EDIT: Sorry, I forgot it, I think I should read the handbook once again, so that somtehing like that won't happen again ;-)
Last edited by Cassiopeia Almara on Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just do your best!
Prof. Dom Gaidin
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Dom Gaidin »

Please remember that the opening post in this thread asks 'In which country do you live?'
Feel free to reply, but please do not mention cities. HOL has very strict privacy rules that are there for the safety of all members. The moderators spend a lot of time checking through posts and making sure that everything fits with HOL rules, please make it easier on them by not including cities in these posts and making the mods edit them.

Thanks, Dom
Dom Gaidin | pr_dom | Hufflepuff Professor
'By nature of definition, only the coward is capable of the highest heroism.'
'The sooner I fall behind, the more time I'll have to catch up.'
Alanna Pendragon

Post by Alanna Pendragon »

I live in the US of A. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> But I'm actually from England...moved here when I was younger.
Claidissa Dragonheart
No broom

Post by Claidissa Dragonheart »

I live about an hour or so away from New York City. I'm in New Jersey and to be honest, I don't really like it here. The weather is blah and it's boring.
Prof. Ruben Orion
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Ruben Orion »

I was really convinced I had already posted here. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />
Anyway, everyone knows where I'm from.
Portugal
Ami Silentio

Post by Ami Silentio »

I'm from North Carolina..in the States! Nice weather we're having too... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Hannah Taylor

Post by Hannah Taylor »

Canada. It isn't bad here.
Maggi Arceneaux
No broom

Post by Maggi Arceneaux »

Louisiana, USA
Last edited by Maggi Arceneaux on Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skylar Colby

Post by Skylar Colby »

Tarma, I'm so jealous!! I love the San Juan Islands!! And Bainbridge.
Er, I live in southern California. (In 'the OC' even though nobody calls it that.) I love the ocean but I get tired of the smog and pollution and over-crowdedness. I'd like to get out of here for college... I want to go to Scotland!! I melt for accents. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />
Avi Cohen
No broom

Post by Avi Cohen »

Southern California.... but my character's from the Mediterranean Sea region, Israel to be specific, but I went to a wizarding school in Greece before I came here.. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Last edited by Avi Cohen on Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B'ahavah (with love),
Avi Cohen

Juniper Raynbrown

Post by Juniper Raynbrown »

Central Texas is where I've lived my whole life. Yes, I'm a Texas girl...even though my town isn't very typical "Texan." The city is really diverse, and full of college students.

*NO* cities please. saying you live in the capital is the same as naming the city. We have strict privacy rules here to ensure the safety of all students. Please adhere to them. Dom
Last edited by Juniper Raynbrown on Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Star Cliodna

Post by Star Cliodna »

I live in the Texas, USA. Got to love Texas. Don't believe the stereotype though. I don't ride a horse to school and don't wear cowboy boots and hats (though some people do wear them) I would have to say I like the city I live in more than my state though.

A fact for those of you in the US who have a Six Flags near you: Six Flags was originally called Six Flags Over Texas before they bought amusement parks all around the country. Texas has been under 6 flags (Spanish, Mexican, French, Texas, US, Confederacy).

I would love to live in many of the countries posted here. Perhaps one day I will at least visit them.
James Chigusa

Post by James Chigusa »

Ok, heres how it is:

USA: I was born in Beverly Hills, California. And lived a boring life. It was nice place, though, I didn't like the people in my neighborhood. Then finally, my dad got a huge promotion at work and I moved to:

Sweden: At age nine. We lived in Stockholm, the nation capital, and after a while, I finally became fluent in Swedish. The place was awesome, and the people around me were nice. Though, it got very cold in the winter. At age 12, Sony, where my dad worked, was opening another company in:

Japan: My dad immediately took the opprotunity. We now live in (I can't put the city without OR with permission I guess...), I go to an awesome school, know great people, live in a fantstic house. But, some days go by boring than others. I know some of you can never picture this, because the anime is soooooooooo wrong. It rains a lot here in Japan, but anime is always so sun-shiney!

So yeah, Japan, is where I live. ( /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> Though I put USA on my application...) And, I've forgotten every bit of Swedish I knew.
Last edited by James Chigusa on Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talim Sorel

Post by Talim Sorel »

United States...

I've always lived here. Never even moved. I'm kinda glad though.

But I DID have a boyfriend from Germany. In fact, he moved to Florida and we're still going out.

The funny thing is that I am currently (and was since 7th grade) taking German class.

/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edit: PLEASE read the rules, no cities, Dom
Last edited by Talim Sorel on Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adriana Knight

Post by Adriana Knight »

I live in lovely old England, in the north, with the rain. Although, I did have a boyfriend in Canada, if anyone wanted to know. He was two years older than me. When I go back, I'm determined to track him down, and relive my memories of Auntie Flo-zo's pool just once... *dreamy sigh*
Yi-Ling Zhang

Post by Yi-Ling Zhang »

I live in California's Bay Area. But it isn't an exciting city like San Fransisco... It's in the suburbs. ;_; I was born near here actually, but before that I lived in...

New York City! The Big Apple! xD I love it there, I've lived there for 10 years, and I consider it one of my hometowns. =)

Taiwan, a small island off in the coast of China... Northern Taiwan that is. It's very nice there, and I'm going there tommorow! =D Yay~~~ Lived there for 5 years. THey speak Mandarin Chinese there. ;D

Return to “Discussions”