Where Do You Live?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Rames
Comet 140

Post by Rames »

Sima Wolfaxe wrote:I live in Lithuania. (Why am I writing this? I know that most of you don't have a slightest idea where it is /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> Oh well, maybe some of you have geography lessons...)
Lithuania is a beautiful country... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

In 1990 I made a Lithuanian flag and had it in my car for all the time when the fight for freedom was going on with the then Soviet Union.
Maggie McGravin
No broom

Post by Maggie McGravin »

wow..I don't know how many other people here live in UTAH!! whoot! go UTAH!

that's in the US if anyone didn't know or was wondering!
~Maggie McGravin~
11 1/2 inches, Persimmon
with a core of Powdered Dragon Scales

How did YOU celebrate New Years?
Dolly Bulge
No broom

Post by Dolly Bulge »

I live in the United States, Illinois in particular!

QUOTE I live in Lithuania. (Why am I writing this? I know that most of you don't have a slightest idea where it is  Oh well, maybe some of you have geography lessons...)[/quote]

Of COURSE I know where Lithuania is!! Myself, and my friends Lauren and Katrice all have lots of background from Lithuania and sometimes when we want to talk privately, we speak in Lithuanian... well either that Polish, or Gibberish! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Credit for sig to Cho Delacour of Sigs N' Avys
Prof. Darlene Baker
No broom

Post by Prof. Darlene Baker »

I'm a Texan. I recently moved to Louisiana with my family and to go to school. But everyone here knows I talk about Texas all the time. Its home for me. Everything from the high-flying flag to the Alamo to the high school football. I like Mardi Gras here but its just not the same. No matter where I live later in life, a piece of me will always be a Texan. I'm just proud, YA'LL!

QUOTE SC, USA.

Where humidity is NOT your friend.[/quote]

Humidity is a regional thing. Its the disease of the South. Its like nature wants the highest humidity it can have before we have to start swimming through the air.

But you get used to it. 110 degrees with 99% humidity is jeans weather for me.
Last edited by Prof. Darlene Baker on Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jessie Barren
No broom

Post by Jessie Barren »

I live in India, now, don't stare /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" /> People have a lot of odd ideas about India, and I don't blame them and I don't mind, if only the timezone wasn't so odd.

Btw Rames, the Map idea sounds awesome! <3
Jessie the Winged Lioness
EVIL is but LIVE spelled backwards!
Marie Thenes
No broom

Post by Marie Thenes »

Weeell, I'm from New Zealand. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> And our timezone clashes with the rest of the world as well. So I kinda know what you mean Jessie! It gets frustrating at times

And I like your siggy Aza! Though I'm a Hurricanes fan myself. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Then it'd be Crusaders...*g*
But hey, the Blues have Spencer sooo, it's pretty hard to pick at times.

I feel like having a toffee pop now. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

- Marie
Seventh Year | Gryff SPD Prefect | Agent T 02' | Holyhead Harpies 03' | SUN Scares 04' | Toffee Tiger Liger for Lyfe
-----9 1/2 inches, ebony, phoenix feather-----#~
Lisa Saunders
No broom

Post by Lisa Saunders »

Yeah!! Go Marie! You favoured the Crusaders over the Blues!! Well done. I sallute you /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> .

Anyways, I'm a Kiwi like Marie and Azalia. Has anyone actually been to New Zealand?
^---------Made by Signature Palace---------^

*Goes off to plot ....*
Nadia Afiqah
No broom
Location: Give me a 'B', Give me an 'A', Give me a 'D', Give me a 'G', 'E&

Post by Nadia Afiqah »

I'm from Malaysia!!! The country where the Twin Tower stands tall!!!
Rebecca Faethorne
No broom

Post by Rebecca Faethorne »

I live in Sydney, Australia.
Sister of Alexandria Faethorne | Crazy Huffie | Daughter of Ashlee Sully | TarzanBecca

Titles Alex and I hold: HOL's to most loving sister's | Faethorne sister's | Troublemaking twins | Deadly viper assassination squad | SPAM queens | Crazy twins | Weasel twins | Slythie sister's | Huffie sister's | ESP twins
Prof. Angelus Darklost
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Angelus Darklost »

*meh* I'm in the middle of it all...in the United States anywho. Just another silly Idiot Out Wandering Around. At least...that's what the Minnesotans' say about us. *heh* But sometimes I agree with them.

ANYwho...Iowa here. *wooHOO* Home of corn fields, dairy cows, extremely obese people, and the Iowa Hawkeyes!!! *heh* Oh...and one of the areas that Mother Nature can't make up her mind when she visits. (We're notoriious for having temperatures in the 40's one week and then in the low teens the next followed by a week in the 60's. Don't we just love early spring or late fall like that?)
"The monkey may be off your back, but that doesn't mean the circus has left town." -- George Carlin
Prof. Justin Hostutler
No broom

Post by Prof. Justin Hostutler »

I live in the USA. Pennsylvania to be exact. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

-Justin /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Not teaching this term. Check back next term! :)
Hannah Moon

Post by Hannah Moon »

Wow I have always wanted to go to India... I live in Canada yay go us!!... Anybody else out there that lives there??... has anyone been to Cambodia??...another place i want to go to... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
Jessie Barren
No broom

Post by Jessie Barren »

Come visit me Hannah! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Anyways, yes Neha, I wondered once about your name, but at HOL, I've known people not even remotely India use "Namaste" as a fav. greeting. Aren't we awesome? /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

But I never was really sure, you know. I mean, at a downtown mall or fair, you look at all the crowd and wonder if anyone could be a fellow HOLer? And here at HOL, you look at the names and wonder (for people like me stuck at odd corners) if anyone could ever have been within a few thousand miles of you. It's awesome knowing that you prolly have been, Neha /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Jessie the Winged Lioness
EVIL is but LIVE spelled backwards!
Fae Roe
No broom

Post by Fae Roe »

oooooooo Im the first one from Missouri to reply!!! lol /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> middle of nowhere USA!
Dumbledore's Army/GO HUFFLEPUFF

"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." -Professor Dumbledore

"Twitchy little ferret, aren't you Malfoy?" -Hermione
Elizabeth Kingsley

Post by Elizabeth Kingsley »

I live in America, namely California, but I used to live in Korea when I was really little. And yeah, it's great to see so many people from different countries doing the same thing.
Melissa Kahyph
No broom

Post by Melissa Kahyph »

Angelus Darklost wrote:Oh...and one of the areas that Mother Nature can't make up her mind when she visits. (We're notoriious for having temperatures in the 40's one week and then in the low teens the next followed by a week in the 60's. Don't we just love early spring or late fall like that?)
Tell me about it. I live in Maryland, USA (*pokes Mysty* MD!) We have nutsy weather here too. This past november its was 70F most of the time, then it got cold. Stupid weather. And in the summer it's so humid that my glasses fog up. *sd* But I can't imagine living anwhere else /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
"When I am Fuhrer, all female personnel will be required to wear miniskirts!" ~Roy Mustang
Prof. Ashlee Sully
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Ashlee Sully »

I live in the North East of Australia where it's usually sunny and hot but currently rainy and humid! Soon, however, I'll be going to the South West of Australia where they have REAL winters, with REAL cold days unlike where I currently am!

I've been all over Australia though, lived north and south of the east and west and half way in between as well.
Retired Slytherin Professor || Lover of Chocolate || Addicted to Frogs

Prof. Ikaika Kaleo
No broom

Post by Prof. Ikaika Kaleo »

I'm in massachusetts, just outside of boston.
I'd give you a reading abotu the weather, but I think the best way to explain it is by a local saying:

"If you don't like the weather in New England, wait a minute."

**nods** that explains it pretty well.

'Good taste is the enemy of creativity'~Pablo Picasso

Home Is Where the Sett Is.
Elyranna Reginhart
No broom

Post by Elyranna Reginhart »

Professor Sully, if you want real winter you should come and live with me in Quebec, Canada /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

We have around 6 months of cold weather and snow around here. I mean it's not Alaska but it sometimes get pretty cold, like around minus 40 degree celsius.

But as cold the winters are, the summers are untolerably humids. Especially in Montreal where it can go up to 40-43 degree celsius. If you're lucky like me and have family living near a lake then it's the perfect place to be.

So, well since this is a topic about where we live, I live in Quebec, home of the never ending winters /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />
Luthien Black
No broom

Post by Luthien Black »

I live in South Australia, and if you have to ask what country that is in, I'm really scared! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Prof Sully, real cold winters aren't that exciting, especially coz they're not really cold, just grey and miserable. Sorry, I'm really not looking forward to winter!

By the way, I'm looking for a Super 12s team to support, and considered the Blues (only because they have Carlos) but my family won't let me support a Kiwi team. So I'm stuck between the Waratahs and the Brumbies. I don't have any regional loyalties to worry about, so who should I go for?

The map idea sounds so cool! Especially as I know where almost all the countries are because for uni last week I had to do an excercise where I had maps of all the different continents and had to label the countries and capital cities. But I already knew where Lithuania was. It's one of the Baltic states, because the first wave of immigrants who came to Australia post-WW2 were from there! (Sorry, I studied it in Australian history last year /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> )

Nai tiruvantel ar varyuvantel i Valar tielyanna nu vilya
May the Valar protect you on your path under the sky

Return to “Discussions”