Where Do You Live?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Discussion Mods

Dimitra Raskolnikov

Post by Dimitra Raskolnikov »

not many people from florida lurking around but yeah i live in florida. rainy, sunny, too much lightning florida (especially right now in the summer time bleck!). im originally from Alabama *snorts* so im waving my good ol' alabama pride flag /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> the only one here i betcha! muahahaha!
Jessamyn Logan
No broom

Post by Jessamyn Logan »

I live in Pennsylvania that is.... I am only about 30 minutes from Philadelphia and 1 hour from New York City....it's a great place to live, not quite city life, and not farmish either.....I am dead smack in the middle of everything! Philly *mmm cheesesteaks, real ones* and NYC *broadway!!* and the Shore *Long Beach Island baby...* I LOVE IT!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

~Jessamyn /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

No cities, please.
Last edited by Jessamyn Logan on Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Love Always! ~Jessie||je503||Proud Hufflepuff!||"Home is where the Sett is..."||Hufflepuff Quidditch Rocks!||Sig and Av made by Me!!!
Caitlin Caretis
No broom

Post by Caitlin Caretis »

I don't believe I've responded to this...

But even if I have, I'll repost! I live in Western NY. Opposite side of the state(sorry NYC-ers) Just next to Lake Erie, and close to the Canadian border*cheers*
The Formerly Prefect known as Elphie.

Caitlin Caretis
- Poke me! I Squeak!
----------
Third Year | CaitiCat | Demigoddess | In Jessa's Stomach | Zazzy |<#Hari!
Hiroto T. Tanenbaum

Post by Hiroto T. Tanenbaum »

Wow, I'm the first one from Maine, eh? 0o; I see several others from New England, but not from Maaaine. WOE IS ME. Alas. Can't say I'm surprised. XD For those who don't know, Maine in the far North East corner of the U.S. ^_~

QUOTE "If you don't like the weather in New England, wait a minute."[/quote]
XD Yeah, tell me about it...last Saturday my family and I were sitting on the deck in 80*F weather, when all of a sudden we were pelted with a hail storm. Haha, good times...
Zero Landstar

Post by Zero Landstar »

I live in Georgia,USA
Jennifer Gewin

Post by Jennifer Gewin »

I live in the USA, Pennsylvania. I really want to explore the world when I get older, lol. It's so interesting where all of you live. I'd like to come see the great places /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />.
Phyllidia Brocklehurst

Post by Phyllidia Brocklehurst »

Im from New Zealand, the north island to be exact. lol
Emma Grint

Post by Emma Grint »

I live in California.
Dom Tarot
No broom

Post by Dom Tarot »

i live in the wonderful california
my wand 12 3/4 inches Hippogriff tail hair. pet king cobra name (sizzle)
to Taia i will never forget you you were one of my fave teachers and you will always be
Loki Takano

Post by Loki Takano »

i live in Canada and no i dont live in a igloo
Dusk Sathien

Post by Dusk Sathien »

I live in New Zealand - a.k.a Middle Earth. I love this place more than anywhere in the world. We're so far away from everything and everyone and there are so many cute ickle sheep running all over the country-side (and stinking it up, for that matter /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />). We go through all 4 seasons every 6 hours and the wind never stops....*sighs contentedly*

Love
Dusk
Rachel B. Diggory
No broom

Post by Rachel B. Diggory »

i lived in Michigan, then Colorado, the Michigan again, then Florida, and now i live in Georgia!

i have been here since the rapidforum and i am still a firstie because i keep movie during finals!!!

*SOTM Queen Of CONGA*
Pebbles Anne Lagorcious

Post by Pebbles Anne Lagorcious »

I live in the Philippines. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Yernerolf Azrogal
No broom

Post by Yernerolf Azrogal »

WOW!! I'm from the Philippines, too hehehe. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
How are you kababayan??
I'm gonna start hunting other pinoys in this forum hehe /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Tagalog - English Dictionary:

Kababayan - Someone who lives in the same place where the other person lives
Pinoy - Someone who lives in the Philippines
"When you love someone, put their name in a circle instead of a heart. Heart breaks, but circles go on forever."
Saskia Malfidus

Post by Saskia Malfidus »

I'm from the Netherlands....moving soon to a different town but for
now I'm leaving in a costal place right across the (duh) sea.

Though I am originally from Belgium, I quite enjoy myself in The Netherlands.

- S-
Enderlynn Rose Danderfluff

Post by Enderlynn Rose Danderfluff »

Proud local of Oahu, Hawaii (USA). Seing that I'm the only Hawai'i person here, I'm actually pretty glad. Haha. I'm not Hawaiian though. I'm a Pinay, and most of us locals live is houses, and own telephones. We dont live in grass shacks, communicate through drums, or wear coconut bras and grass skirts. We have shopping malls too. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> (And...we have cable internet.) ..just to put some of the rumors and misconceptions out of the way.. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />
Josefine Sui
No broom

Post by Josefine Sui »

I'm from Austria... and I enjoy living here. Nice people, nice countryside, only the climate is terrible (raining all day long) /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" />
Last edited by Josefine Sui on Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gyllian Faethorne
No broom
Location: Slytherin -- Yes, i am somewhere in Salazar's Chambers.

Post by Gyllian Faethorne »

I'm from New York.

Living around here's pretty nice, but trust me, it can get boring after a while...

The weather can get picky -- Winter is COLD!!! (as in really cold, at least for me it feel like that) and Summer is too humid, and gets up to 98 Degrees F.

Bleh, But apart from that... it IS nice to live here after all.

No cities please - Biggles
Last edited by Gyllian Faethorne on Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gyllian Alexis Goldstein Faethorne || gy500

the light that supposedly saves me,
In truth it actually blinds
Marcasite Vah
No broom

Post by Marcasite Vah »

I live in Georgia. I am currently preparing for graudate school, and I haven't lived with my family for four years, but my mom's side is mostly all here in Georgia. I was born in Tennesse, and lived there for about nine years though.

Personally, once I finish my degree and start looking for work, I want to get out of the south. Nothing against it, but I am tired of the hot weather (and high humidity) and virtually no seasons.
Nepenthe Snowfrost

Post by Nepenthe Snowfrost »

I've lived in a lot of places, almost all within the United States (born in Korea but don't remember much), but I'm currently residing in the state of Oregon, USA. I really loved it here after living the southern California city life (it's totally green and beautiful and still wild in Oregon), but now the dark & soggy winters are REALLY getting to me, and anyway my wanderlust is starting to take over again. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

And even though lifers here say Oregon has seasons (I swear it only has two - rainy and dry), I yearn for the east coast and their brilliant autumns and snowy winters. Maybe I'll move back to northeast Maine, or try Massachussettes for a while? I really miss smelling the winds of change and feeling all the cycles of nature. (unfortunately, those huge black flies are a part of that... ugh)

Return to “Discussions”