Allergies!

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Harry Walles
Oakshaft 79

Allergies!

Post by Harry Walles »

Are you allergic to anything? Is it food related or maybe something completely different?

If you don't have any allergies, do you know someone who does? How do they manage it?
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Re: Allergies!

Post by Hiya Debnath »

I am allergic to eating carrots. I know that it sounds like a funny coincidence to be saying it on a day after Easter Day (I am thinking about the Easter bunny, : P) but I have vomitted whenever I have eaten carrots ever since I was little, although I haven't been officially diagnosed yet. I was also born with lactose intolerance, although I can now digest milk and milk products in small quantities, at age 26, : P : D. : D.
Other than these medical allergies, I am allergic to people who assume that they know me without talking to me, : P, just call that a pet peeve. I think that isn't an allergy, : P. : D : ).
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Maeve Madden
No broom

Re: Allergies!

Post by Maeve Madden »

I was allergic to two things: dust mites and cats. With cats being my favourite animal, and my future career as a veterinarian, I couldn't stand to be allergic to them. So, I underwent immunotherapy. A serum was made with my specific allergens and slowly over 3 and a half years, I increased my tolerance. Now, I have a cat and I'm not allergic anymore!

Return to “Discussions”