Favourite Shop/Supermarket

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Louis Walles
Moontrimmer

Favourite Shop/Supermarket

Post by Louis Walles »

What is your favourite Muggle shop or supermarket? It can be a favourite clothing shop or just your favourite place to get your groceries. It can be an online shop as well!

I, for example, really like a website called 'World of books' where you can buy cheap books with a free delivery in the UK.
"He who fights too long against the dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you" ~ Nietzsche
Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

Re: Favourite Shop/Supermarket

Post by Evie Figg »

As far as online shops go, my favourite would have to be eBay, as many of my favourite online purchases have been made there! I love to buy old toys and items from my childhood, and eBay is the perfect place to find them!

My favourite in-person shop is a store called Bookmans. It's like a more upscale and structured version of Goodwill, as they inspect every item that comes in, and reject anything of lower quality. They sell everything from Music Records, CDs, VHS Tapes, Crafting Materials, Board Games, Vintage Toys, Video Games, Musical Instruments and of course, BOOKS!!

The store is sectioned in a way in which half of it is basically a library, and the other half is the store. I could spend all day in the book area! Since it's a store, everything is for sale, including all the knick knacks they use to decorate the shelves of the library! They even decorate the shelves by genre! The unicorn section had a vase with a unicorn on it, as well as a ceramic figurine of a unicorn with her baby, and they were for sale!

It's a magical store, and only 4 of them exist, however I am sure many places have stores that are similar!
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

My husband jokingly calls me the Amazon Queen, and it’s not referring to my lofty stature! I love the ease of shopping online, and Amazon Prime is my go to store. I’m also quite fond of JTV and Shop LC (jewelry channels), but try to refrain from ordering too much.

I am a self-proclaimed foodie, and my favorite in-store shop is Whole Foods. I could spend hours in there! I also like William Sonoma, but i don’t get there nearly as often as I like. I used to like Penny’s Spices, but the one near us closed down..bummer.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Dibyarup James Potter
Oakshaft 79

Post by Dibyarup James Potter »

My favourite Shops/Supermarkets are:

- Metro Cash and Carry (They are similar to Spencer's, but much, much bigger, and they have almost everything that you can think of. You also need to be a business owner to be able to purchase from here, since they sell in bulk at a discounted price.)

- Spencer's (They are purely a supermarket, selling food, cosmetics, perfumes, etc.)

- Shopper's Stop (They sell clothing items and perfumes)

- Starmark (They sell books, stationary and gift items)
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

My favorite supermarket/shop is my local multi-purpose items and grocery shop, from where I can get anything and everything including daily items and food for snacks. However, besides these, I am a big fan of online websites that provide an online shopping experience that deliver to my region and in my country and I mainly use these for my other needs such as clothing, fashion items, accessories, electronic gadgets, books, and even a few household items. I am not a big fan of shopping outdoorsy, because I do not enjoy the hassle of carrying a shopping list and my bought items by hand over huge distances and I would prefer to have them ordered over an online website and delivered straight to my doorstep instead. : ) : )
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Janne Halla
Oakshaft 79

Post by Janne Halla »

I try to avoid shopping as much as possible, I don't really like crowds. The three stores that I usually go to are Lidl, K-Market, and S-Market. I've got a whiteboard where I write the items that I need and where they can be got for the cheapest.

While that might be tiring, to go to three stores just for groceries, I try to buy as much as possible, coupled with food and pantry prep, so that my actual shop visits are around monthly. That's way more manageable with all the stores. Out of those three, I think Lidl is my favourite though.
Harry Walles
Oakshaft 79

Post by Harry Walles »

My favourite online shop is Ebay. This is because it is cheap and you can get some great bargains. Another thing is that the delivery is free most of the times.

When it comes to supermarkets, I really like shopping in Marks and Spencers as the quality of the food products is amazing!

Return to “Discussions”