Favorite Holiday Song?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Discussion Mods

February Fortescue
Silver Arrow

Favorite Holiday Song?

Post by February Fortescue »

One thing I've noticed since meeting so many people from many different countries on HOL is the incredible number of celebrations we have! One thing which really draws us together is music. So many of us associate those celebrations with favorite music or songs.

In the soundtrack for Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Christmas at Hogwarts really captures the excitement of spending the holidays at the castle, with the decorations, the food, and the holiday festivities!

My favorite Christmas Carol is The Little Drummer Boy, as sung by the Harry Simeone Corale. When I was a child, there was a Christmas special called The Little Drummer Boy, and his little lamb had an accident and was brought back to life. I watch this special every December, and I cry every time. The song has stuck a cord with me.

Do you have a favorite song for this time of year?
exquisite sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Moontrimmer

Re: Favorite Holiday Song?

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Baby It’s Cold Outside” is such a fun one to sing along with which tends to get stuck in my head, and I’ve always had a soft spot for “O Holy Night” for being so beautiful while also having those big powerful moments.

Love the season of holiday music. Really helps set the tone, and certainly this year it’s even more welcome!
"—You'll forgive me for saying so, my dear,
but I perceive very little aura around you.
"

Return to “Discussions”