Which Hogwarts student can you relate to the most?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Which Hogwarts student can you relate to the most?

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

Which Hogwarts student do you relate to the most?

I feel like I relate more to a couple characters in one way or another. But the character I might relate to the most is Neville Longbottom. I have a lot in common with Neville. He's extremely loyal to his family and friends and cares about them, same as me. He was also shy and introverted, same as me and low on self confidence, but he overcame a lot of it as he got older. That's why Neville is also one of my favorite characters.
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Re: Which Hogwarts student can you relate to the most?

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

As a kid, I always identified with young Neville, mostly for his somewhat socially different/out-of-place vibe and that I was also a bit round at the time. Once the books progressed forward and I grew older, I would have to go with adding Luna Lovegood to the top of the list based on her alternative perspectives on relationships and reality. But more like Luna combined with a Ron Weasley kinda type as the best pal/comedic relief guy!
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Milo Willows
No broom

Post by Milo Willows »

There are many characters I can empathize with, but I believe I resemble Luna Lovegood the most if I'm to calculate matching traits. We have similar dispositions and modus vivendi. As fellow daydreamers, we're both exceedingly easygoing and unfussy. I can see myself in her way of drifting through life as if it's not a competition as some may see it, but as a journey—a merry adventure—to revel and luxuriate in. And while she may lack a certain bloodthirsty ambition which I also am short of, she has no absence of passion for learning and doing what's just. We both have a fondness for trivia about creatures and arbitrary subjects that some may deem unimportant. I am a very gentle and empathetic person and I can see that in her interactions with Harry as well.

It's a bit amusing that I relate to a Ravenclaw more than a Hufflepuff, but I think there's a lot our Houses have in common. I'd say Newt Scamander is a close second.
✿.。.:* ☆:**:. pronouns : any, but they/them preferred.
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

When I was younger I identified a lot with Hermione, particularly in book one, as a precocious but also self-conscious individual who found it hard to make friends. As I grew older I resonated with Harry a bit more and later I wished I was more similar to Ginny, but alas I'm not particularly headstrong or confident still.
Hannah Lovegood
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hannah Lovegood »

I relate the most to Harry Potter because he is a Gryffindor. I'm part Gryffindor too. We're both brave.
Lucia Dinapoli
No broom

Post by Lucia Dinapoli »

I’m not sure if this is a bit of an oddball character to pick but I would say I’m pretty similar to Hagrid in a way. I feel I love animals and plants in a similar way. I am quieter and a lot more insecure at times but I am fiercely loyal and would do anything for those I care about. I think I see myself in Ron and Luna too!
William Ezra Huxley
No broom

Post by William Ezra Huxley »

When I think about it, my youngerself was so similar with Neville in certain ways; I was a nervous person, I keep all to myself and was shy too. In addition, I was so clumsy at many things I did. But, I wasn't as forgetful as Neville. I think I had a quite good memorizing skill.

Now that I am older. Ron Weasley suits my personality in many ways. I could say I have his confidence now when it comes to do what I think is right. And, most of time I speak before I think. I know I could be in trouble for that, (like what has happened) but I did it only when I my family & friends are around. Not when I was in public or met a new stranger, I will carefully choose my friend try not to offend anyone.
Caius Magnusson
No broom

Post by Caius Magnusson »

I personally relate to Draco Malfoy a lot.

I think Draco Malfoy shows that we are more than the cards we were dealt - we are the choices we make along the way, and how we choose to tackle issues. He had a very troubled upbringing because of the ideals he constantly heard, but even still he was not past the point of redemption, of choosing his own path.

I didn't have a troubled childhood like he did, but I needed to make my own choices very early on and decide what kind of person I wanted to be. In spite of specific differences on how our lives unfurled, I see many parallels between myself and Draco, and I find myself resonating with the character very deeply.
Anthea Selwyn
No broom

Post by Anthea Selwyn »

I relate to many characters and certain qualities of theirs. I need academic validation like Hermione. But I also feel like Luna in that I don't feel like I fit in.
Felicity Moore
No broom

Post by Felicity Moore »

I can relate to a lot of characters. There is a trait from each and every one of them that fits into me. The one that I can really attach to is Professor McGongagll, she is very head strong but very quaint, but you know not to cross her because she will bring her wrath right to you.
Aura Nightmoon
No broom

Post by Aura Nightmoon »

I think I relate the most to Hermione because we both love school and learning. Hermione is also a natural leader, I think, and I've been told that I exhibit natural leadership abilities as well. Also, like Hermione, I don't always know how to talk to people because I spend most of my time studying and don't socialize much outside troop meetings or dance. Meeting new people and not coming off too strongly is something I think we have in common since Hermione seemed to do that in the first book.
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

I would say mostly Luna. Our personalities and sense of value in things we make is the same. People also always found me very odd and would bully me or tease me. I think in the same sense as Luna we are very much alike.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
William Rune
No broom

Post by William Rune »

Cho Chang could be the closest to me because her introverted personality but I could be wrong and just not know all the characters as well. :lol:
Sarah Hart
No broom

Post by Sarah Hart »

i think harry potter and nevllie longbottom because i'm smart and i'm shy and i love harry and i have a low confience because my classmates at my real school bully me in rl so i am never outside with my class
Cal Youth
No broom

Post by Cal Youth »

I feel like I resonate a lot with Hermione Granger. I take school work incredibly seriously and I always make sure that I finish my assignments, and I get stressed out over my grade. I think that my education is the most important thing and try my best to always learn more.
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

I relate the most to Hermione Granger because I share her nerdiness and love for books and knowledge. I am a bookworm like her and am very curious to explore and know more about anything and everything. I like to read manuals, instructions, and written pieces of text very much. I am also not drawn to the popularity of people, but I am drawn to them on the basis of how I feel about them, just like Viktor Krum's popularity did not have an effect on Hermione.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Dibyarup James Potter
Oakshaft 79

Post by Dibyarup James Potter »

I have always been able to relate a lot to Harry Potter, because he was always been put in a position where people either had high hopes from him or they completely hated him. Throughout my life, and even now, I have had similar experiences.
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror

Return to “Discussions”