What is your favorite thing about Fall?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

What is your favorite thing about Fall?

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

A lot goes on in Fall, the leaves change colours (depending on where you live), the temperature starts to get colder, then there's Halloween and everything that comes with that, and Thanksgiving. What's everyone's favourite thing?

I do like when the temperatures get at least a little cooler, but my favourite thing about Fall has to be Halloween. It's always great going to haunted mansions, haunted motels, haunted barns and watching movies like The Tower of Terror and Hocus Pocus. This year, my town is putting on something special for Halloween which sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Re: What is your favorite thing about Fall?

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

I love everything about autumn. I get a little giddy every year when I can sense the weather finally turning. There's just something about the crisp air, blustery wind and skittering leaves that makes me happy. It's like the world has suddenly pricked up its ears and started paying attention again, now that winters getting closer. There's just movement and purpose everywhere.

I also love to feel cosy and autumn is the first chance to do that. Smelling wood smoke on the breeze, being able to curl up with a hot drink and a book and breaking out my jumpers/sweatshirts again all make me feel lazy and contented.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

If I had to pick one thing it would in large part be the temperature. I LOVE the climate of Fall here, but in many ways I’m also blessed to live in an area that’s is absolutely gorgeous this time of year.

Maine has some beautiful autumnal foliage. I love the colors and the crisp smells in the air, not to mention all the spiced seasonal scents and flavors that arrive around this time.

Halloween is such a blast, and then I was born in November right around one of my other favorite holidays, Thanksgiving (yes please food and family!) so overall an enjoyable period for me!!
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Fien Malfoy
No broom

Post by Fien Malfoy »

I am really in love with fall! It is magical how the leaves of the trees suddenly take on such beautiful colors and how the animals independently start preparing for winter. I love to take a nice and long autumn walk with my family. Nothing is more fun than that, and taking beautiful photos makes it complete of course. Conclusion: I am in love with autumn!
Aura Springs
No broom

Post by Aura Springs »

i like that the weather becomes colder and generally i can meet my friends again at school after long boring summer months :)
Momoka Oguma
No broom

Post by Momoka Oguma »

My birthday is in Fall and I love the cool weather! I also enjoy the crisp morning air of Fall :D
Luna Riego
No broom

Post by Luna Riego »

I love everything about autumn. I love how the trees change color. I love taking long walks and the weather. I love taking pictures. I love the vibe and the aesthetic of this season. This is my favorite season of the year.
Kaiden Rosewood
No broom

Post by Kaiden Rosewood »

my favorite thing about fall is the leaves changing color and it getting cooler outside and people setting up for halloween.
Avery Hill
No broom

Post by Avery Hill »

The weather, it is the best weather in the whole year. It’s cool but not cold. I also love how beautiful the leaves are when they turn red.
Jacie Leigh
No broom

Post by Jacie Leigh »

The aesthetic and the cooler weather. It’s so refreshing after a hot and humid summer.
Anneliese Villarreal
No broom

Post by Anneliese Villarreal »

All seasons have magic in them whether it be winters snow or summer beaches fall to me has a special kind of magic. The crisp morning air, sweater weather, hot chocolate, getting cozy near a fire place while reading and so many more magical things to do. Fall is my favorite season because of that magic I sense around me and it makes me so happy.
Aura Nightmoon
No broom

Post by Aura Nightmoon »

Fall is when the weather is cooler. It gets very hot where I live, so I enjoy the nice temperatures outside. I also like the smell of the crisp autumn air and the warm spices of baked goods like cinnamon, cardamom, and pumpkin spice.
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

The foods can be good, but my favourite thing is the hour of sleep we get back when the clocks shift back closer to solar time! It's hard enough to get up for, say, an 0800 appointment without that 0800 appointment really being an 0700 appointment.
Aria Katz
No broom

Post by Aria Katz »

I truly believe there are too many things I love about the fall to count, but my favorite has to be the fact that I can always smell it coming. last week I woke up from a nap at around 8 pm. I had been really sick for a week and I mostly slept during that time. but every evening I stepped outside for some fresh air. that day as usual I stepped outside and I sat in my backyard all sleepy and groggy from being sick. then I took a deep breath and it suddenly hit me. The soft wind and that familiar fresh comforting scent. it was still insanely hot and if you asked anyone else they would tell you I'm crazy. but I could smell it in the air.
Dallas Orion
No broom

Post by Dallas Orion »

Fall is my favorite season, so it's hard to pick one thing exactly. I think it's a tie between three things: cooler weather, which I love as someone who's built for the cold; cozy clothes like jeans, oversized sweaters, and flannels; and the fact that the Great British Bake Off starts airing again. I look forward to Bake Off every year, everyone is always so kind and cheerful and it just makes me genuinely happy to watch. Those are probably the three things I love most about fall!
Anne-Marie Gagne

Post by Anne-Marie Gagne »

Oh man, picking one thing as my favorite is hard. My brain instantly screamed "HALLOWEEN" since it's my favorite holiday but really, and this may seem odd, I love the smell of fall. And I don't just mean the smell of pumpkin scented items. I mean the coolness in the air has a distinct smell to me. It's a crisp smell of the cold that's still slightly warm. Add in the "fall" scents like pumpkin and apple just makes it perfect.

But also the Halloween decorations are so fun to look at, especially when people go all out. Those are exciting (and I like those displays more than Christmas lights displays haha).
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

I live in the southern hemisphere so fall comes around Easter in April. We tend to get lot of rain during this season which is what I love about fall. Our leaves don't change colour so drastically but I suspect if they did, I would love that too.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

Post by Evie Figg »

I remember walking home from the bus stop as a kid in the middle of fall, and the weather would be gloomy, cloudy and the road would be wet from the earlier rain... the air smelled of a wood burning fire from people's chimneys... The large maple trees were orange and red and yellow and their leaves were scattered everywhere, making the ground a faded orange colour. Being outside during the fall is just as cozy as being inside :)
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

Everything. From the beautiful autumn leaves making a pleasing aesthetic for a color palette to the dropping temperatures that make it pleasant to the autumn festivals to all the lovely autumn food, and of course, Halloween.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.

Return to “Discussions”