If you were a witch/wizard, what would your dream job be?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

If you were a witch/wizard, what would your dream job be?

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

I think if I was a wizard, my dream job would definitely be an Auror. I think bringing bad guys to justice and protecting the wizarding and muggle worlds from dark witches and wizards is something I would want to do. Dueling with dark wizards/witches sounds really exciting. Of course, it probably wouldn't be as exciting during the duel. But still cool and rewarding.
Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Re: If you were a witch/wizard, what would your dream job be?

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

My mind changes on this topic constantly, but right now I'm feeling like Magizoologist would be exciting. I'd get to interact with all of the different types of magical creatures, which would be so educational and enlightening! Plus, I'd get to pet Nifflers every day. Who wouldn't want to do that? The other thing I considered was being a professor, but I couldn't make up my mind about what I'd teach...
Amy Smith
Oakshaft 79

Post by Amy Smith »

If I were a witch or wizard then I would like to become a healer mainly because I like curing and helping people.
Isa Vestal
No broom

Post by Isa Vestal »

I’d have to say I want to be either a hit witch or an Unspeakable. I like adventure, mystery, and a test of my wits, which being a hit witch would bring and I like responsibility and secrect-keeping, which would be perfect for an Unspeakable, though we don’t know the specifics of what that job would entail.

Pigfarts, Pigfarts, here I come!
Pigfarts, Pigfarts, yum yum yum!
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

Hm, interesting question that I have trouble answering. I would say something along with my RL job, so something to do in law, but it does not seem that the British Wizarding World has anything resembling lawyers. I also enjoyed my years as a Teaching Assistant, so perhaps a professor or a researcher into yet unknown areas of magic.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Other than the general entertainment field, I’d probably wind up following a teaching career in Charms and/or work as a broadcaster for the Wizarding Wireless Network.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Aedrie Rose
No broom

Post by Aedrie Rose »

If I could be a witch. My dream job would be to a healer or a historian.
I am interested in History (im doing a minor in Modern History) and I like to care for people/use potions.
I probably wouldn't be able to do both though, because they have different requirements.
Jansen Cullipher
No broom

Post by Jansen Cullipher »

As a lover of fantasy, I choose to fully submerse myself in the wizarding world while I am here, so I will change the question to "what is my dream job as a witch or wizard?" As any true Ravenclaw, I have a thirst for knowledge, and that thirst applies to the wizarding world. We are all here out of our love for this magical world, so I am sure we have all studied every facet of the wizarding world as it applies to the movies, books, and other postings on the wizarding world site, but all of those facts tend to focus on the western world and its culture. My dream job would be to travel around the world to other universities and other wizarding communities to learn about their culture. I would love to see how they view magic, the role they believe it plays in the world, how they use it, any techniques unique to their culture, as well as the rules of witchcraft practice within the community. I do not know if a job like this exists in the wizarding world, but I would be happy to be the first to dedicate my career to the Anthropology of Wizardry.
Jansen Cullipher
Emma Allen
No broom

Post by Emma Allen »

As I'm a teacher in real life, I probably would be a professor as a witch as well. I really love teaching, so that wouldn't be different. I don't already know which class I would teach, but I hope to discover it in the following months/years.
Leora Everglade
No broom

Post by Leora Everglade »

I think my dream job as a witch would be a magizoologist because I love pets and thoroughly enjoy working with animals. Being able to study and interact with magical creatures would be absolutely amazing! There would be so many interesting and exciting things to learn and I don't think I would ever get bored! Another job I would like to have is being a healer which brings out the Hufflepuff in me! I think I would enjoy being able to treat people regularly using the many types of healing magic. :D
Lucia Dinapoli
No broom

Post by Lucia Dinapoli »

My dream job has always been either a Magizoologist or a Herbologist. I adore plants and animals alike and Newt Scammander is one of my most adored wizards. I think I would love to work with werewolves specifically if I managed to gain a job within the Ministry. If I couldn’t have a career in either of those I would absolutely go into Potions or even Magical Art!
Avery Hill
No broom

Post by Avery Hill »

Since I am more of a Gryffindor when it comes to jobs, I would either choose quidditch player or Auror. I always like a bit of excitement to spice up my work life.
Kelly Hickory
No broom

Post by Kelly Hickory »

Hmm , this one for me has a tie, I'd like to do both of these

one thing i'd like to do is make a sanctuary for magical creatures, especially for ones that are endangered, and help people learn how to respect them.

the other thing is i would want to make wizard schools more accessable to those with disabilities. I have a passion for that. When watching the movies, i thought hogwarts was great, but i also thought " what would they do if someone was in a wheel chair? I didn't see any elevators. How bout students who are blind? Or how bout deaf students ( Irl i've been studying to be an american sign language interpreter as well as studying HDFS and minoring in special populations). I know i'd have to start small. I'd probably start out with making the school more accesible to deaf students. Now it may sound as easy as just get a sign language interpreter, but actually, especilly if there are students from all over the world, there would need to be a variety of sign language interpreters because sign language is different all over the world! Although some countries do share the same sign language. In the USA american sign language is used, but in the UK brittish sign language is used and they are very different. I'd also want to create ways for spells to be cast with sign language or maybe with certain wand flicking patterns so that those who don't speak ( and just to clarify many deaf people can speak but choose not to) they can still can cast spells. Now i realize with all disabilites, in the wizard world the solution could be use magic to fix it but some people with disabiliteis don't wanna fix their disabilities. They are often proud of them. For students in wheel chairs, I'd want to have elevators and ramps that don't move . For blind students adding braillers and braillle on the walls would be good as well. In fact, i personally would wanna add some more modern technology to the school too. I'd wanna get braille textbooks.
Luna Lemongrass
No broom

Post by Luna Lemongrass »

If i was a witch i would love to be a teacher at Hogwarts and the classs i would love to teach would be care of magical creatures. I would like to follow in the footsteps of Hagrid and also be a bit like Newt with all my knowledge of creatures :)
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

My dream job is to be a Magizoologist, Healer, or Teacher at Hogwarts. Since I love to learn about Magical Creatures, I think the first job I will choose is to be a Magizoologist. Aside from that, I also want to be a Healer. I love to take care of people and love to learn more about medicine. If not both of them, then I will choose to be a Professor at Hogwarts, where I can share a lot of knowledge with students.
Jodie Smith
No broom

Post by Jodie Smith »

If I weren't a stay at home mom as I'm now (and like Molly Weasley appears to be), I would love to be an entertainer. People tell me I've got a pretty good voice, so I think I'd be successful at that. I doubt I'd be as famous as that singer Molly Weasley listens to though.
Amy Darvill
Oakshaft 79

Post by Amy Darvill »

I would lean more towards being some sort of magic historian or a teacher. Although being someone that runs a pub is also very interesting to me. I'm a bit of a foodie, I love to go out to restaurants and while my (real life) job is retail based, it's still around food.

So I'm going to change my answer and say that I would be a pub owner in Diagon Alley.
Crystal Snow
No broom

Post by Crystal Snow »

I would love to be a professor as teaching has always been my dream job
Crystal.A.Snow
William Ezra Huxley
No broom

Post by William Ezra Huxley »

There are two of them:
1. First, to be an Auror. The job is just so fascinating to me, you dressed up like Sherlock Homes with suit etc. and go to shady places to caught criminals. Try to make the world a little safer.

2. To have a business of my own. I know magic is cool, but I need Galleons too to live. I look up to the Weasley's twin (RIP Fred) through out the series, their focus was always on the fortune. It doesn't necessarily be a joke shop, it could be anything that I think could grow so much and generates tons of galleons.
Caius Magnusson
No broom

Post by Caius Magnusson »

I'd very likely be a professor at Hogwarts. I do enjoy teaching a lot, and I feel like I have a knack for it - I like to both discuss new ideas in ways that others have never thought about, and to help people think about these new ideas in their own way. My method is a bit Socratic at times, but I think that's the easiest way to learn.

As for what subject I would likely teach... I'd say Potions is a very strong candidate, even though my real-life field of work is completely unrelated (I work with Criminal Law). Science is one of my strongest passions, and I feel like I end up giving the people who actually studied Biology / Physics / Chemistry as undergraduate or graduate students a good run for their money.

In case I did not become a professor at Hogwarts, then I would probably be a Hit Wizard or an Auror. I have a strong passion for investigation too and I like things to be fair. These traits are usually not associated with a Slytherin, but they are very present in my personality's core.

Return to “Discussions”