What wild animal is your favorite?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

What wild animal is your favorite?

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

You can choose one or two. It can be an aquatic animal, non-aquatic, or one of each.

My favorite aquatic animal are Dolphins. I don't know why, but I've always liked Dolphins.

My favorite non-aquatic wild animal is definitely wolves. I think that's because I love dogs and wolves are very close cousins to domesticated dogs and they look like Huskies, except obviously a lot more dangerous.
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1500

Re: What wild animal is your favorite?

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

Mine are oddly similar to yours, Alex.

My favorite wild animal is the orca or killer whale. I had to do a research project on an arctic animal when I was really young. I chose killer whales and I've liked them since then. They are very majestic and know how to work together.

On land, I like foxes. They are intelligent, resourceful, and swift. I really like how arctic foxes change fur color depending on the season.
Kayla Fredrickson
No broom

Post by Kayla Fredrickson »

My favorite animal is a Lemur. I'm unsure why I started to like Lemurs, but ever since I was about 16 I became obsessed. I have so many stuffed animals and porcelain statues of these amazing animals. I honestly just think they are some of the coolest animals out there.
Isa Vestal
No broom

Post by Isa Vestal »

I absolutely adore pandas. They’re just so cute and chubby and fluffy and I can’t help but smile when I see them rolling around. Of course, I know that they’re also pretty vicious and scary, just like most any other species of bear, but I still love them.

A close second would probably be snakes. They’re such cool animals but also, depending on the species, kinda cute and they’ve held a special place in my heart for as long as I can remember. I actually hope to have a pet snake one day but I’ve heard they’re very hard to take care of and require frequent maintenance so I might skip that and just get a cat.

Pigfarts, Pigfarts, here I come!
Pigfarts, Pigfarts, yum yum yum!
Lorainia Riverrider
Oakshaft 79

Post by Lorainia Riverrider »

My favorite aquatic animals are sea turtles. They can weigh up to 2000 pounds or 907.20 Kg. Their average life span is around 80 years. My favorite land animal is elephants.They are also very large weighing up to 13,000 pounds or 5897 kg. Their lifespan is around 70 years. They have the longest gestation period of 22 months.
Thank you Ivey for my siggy and avatar!

Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much. -Helen Keller
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

Maybe it's cliche as a Slytherin, but I love large constricting snakes, such as anacondas - even though the hugs they give might very well be deadly!

As for an aquatic animal, my Animagus form, as determined here, turned out to be a killer whale - and the way that they are deceptively deadly (plus the most famous Muggle killer whale was named "Willy") is an added plus!
Aphrodite Lily James
No broom

Post by Aphrodite Lily James »

hello! I really love snakes, wolves and tiger. don't know why though. they are just captivating :huh: :D
Elizabeth Opal
No broom

Post by Elizabeth Opal »

Hello! Nice question.

My favorite animal is a tie. I do also have an aquatic and land.
My favorite aquatic animal is also a dolphin. I like them because of their playful nature and intelligence. Additionally, they are able to swim freely.
Horses are my favorite land animals in a similar way. I like them because of their free nature and because of their size. They also come in different colors and shapes, and I think they are all beautiful.

Elizabeth Opal
Kaelyn McGhie
No broom

Post by Kaelyn McGhie »

Mine would probably be wolves or lionesses because both are majestic.
Kaiden Rosewood
No broom

Post by Kaiden Rosewood »

my favorite wild animal would be opossums and cats because they are cute.
Avery Hill
No broom

Post by Avery Hill »

My favourite would be wolves. I actually don’t like them that much before but my brother kept on saying how cool they were and now I am convinced. They’re fluffy in a dangerous way, but cool. Baby wolves are also cute
Tanisha Sparks
No broom

Post by Tanisha Sparks »

My favourite wild animal would definitely be the Meerkats because they all look so adorable and cute!
Athlarien Eirlys
No broom

Post by Athlarien Eirlys »

my favorite animals are snakes, like my house. wolves, as they are very dangerous but know and fully understand how to work together, they are also very loyal and will only be obedient to their alpha. foxes, because they are very clever, intelligent and also very resourceful, and I am very impressed with them, and the last one is the lion!
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Really can’t handle how cute raccoons are.
I mean, I can…but I positively refuse to handle it.
—LOVE them!!

Also super fascinated by the octopus. So cool.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Reyyan Azkendra
No broom

Post by Reyyan Azkendra »

Fox? Especially red fox, I think they so cuteeee. I've also read that in ancient times they were kept as pets by some people. I wish I could raise them too, but I can't seem to find them around here. So I keep a cat that looks almost like a fox for pet :lol:
Thank you for the cool signature, Ana! :wub:
Louis Walles
Moontrimmer

Post by Louis Walles »

My favourite wild animals are:

- wolf
- fox
- cheetah
- lion

I also really love ferrets, and even own one. I also now have a kitten. I am a cat sitter so I do like cats as well.
"He who fights too long against the dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you" ~ Nietzsche
Amy Smith
Oakshaft 79

Post by Amy Smith »

I have a lot of animals that I love/like, but I would say tigers and dolphins
Lucia Mayhew
No broom

Post by Lucia Mayhew »

my favorite animals are a hippo because they sleep upside down and also a bat because they sleep upside down too.
Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

Post by Evie Figg »

SNOW LEOPARDS :D :D :D
Eleanora Aves
No broom

Post by Eleanora Aves »

My favorite wild animal and animal in general has always been a tiger! I just think they're just majestic. fierce animals that do not receive much attention! Love them every since I was little!

Return to “Discussions”