What wild animal is your favorite?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL
Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

What wild animal is your favorite?

Post by Alexander Brighton » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:41 am

You can choose one or two. It can be an aquatic animal, non-aquatic, or one of each.

My favorite aquatic animal are Dolphins. I don't know why, but I've always liked Dolphins.

My favorite non-aquatic wild animal is definitely wolves. I think that's because I love dogs and wolves are very close cousins to domesticated dogs and they look like Huskies, except obviously a lot more dangerous.
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1001

Re: What wild animal is your favorite?

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:23 pm

Mine are oddly similar to yours, Alex.

My favorite wild animal is the orca or killer whale. I had to do a research project on an arctic animal when I was really young. I chose killer whales and I've liked them since then. They are very majestic and know how to work together.

On land, I like foxes. They are intelligent, resourceful, and swift. I really like how arctic foxes change fur color depending on the season.
Kayla Fredrickson
No broom

Post by Kayla Fredrickson » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:39 am

My favorite animal is a Lemur. I'm unsure why I started to like Lemurs, but ever since I was about 16 I became obsessed. I have so many stuffed animals and porcelain statues of these amazing animals. I honestly just think they are some of the coolest animals out there.
Louis Walles
No broom

Post by Louis Walles » Thu May 07, 2020 7:46 pm

My favourite wild animals are:

- wolf
- fox
- cheetah
- lion
"He who fights too long against the dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you" ~ Nietzsche
Isa Vestal
No broom

Post by Isa Vestal » Sat May 09, 2020 5:29 am

I absolutely adore pandas. They’re just so cute and chubby and fluffy and I can’t help but smile when I see them rolling around. Of course, I know that they’re also pretty vicious and scary, just like most any other species of bear, but I still love them.

A close second would probably be snakes. They’re such cool animals but also, depending on the species, kinda cute and they’ve held a special place in my heart for as long as I can remember. I actually hope to have a pet snake one day but I’ve heard they’re very hard to take care of and require frequent maintenance so I might skip that and just get a cat.

Pigfarts, Pigfarts, here I come!
Pigfarts, Pigfarts, yum yum yum!
Lorainia Riverrider
No broom

Post by Lorainia Riverrider » Fri May 22, 2020 1:30 am

My favorite aquatic animals are sea turtles. They can weigh up to 2000 pounds or 907.20 Kg. Their average life span is around 80 years. My favorite land animal is elephants.They are also very large weighing up to 13,000 pounds or 5897 kg. Their lifespan is around 70 years. They have the longest gestation period of 22 months.
Thank you Ivey for my siggy and avatar!

Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much. -Helen Keller
Will Lestrange
Comet 140

Post by Will Lestrange » Fri May 22, 2020 7:08 am

Maybe it's cliche as a Slytherin, but I love large constricting snakes, such as anacondas - even though the hugs they give might very well be deadly!

As for an aquatic animal, my Animagus form, as determined here, turned out to be a killer whale - and the way that they are deceptively deadly (plus the most famous Muggle killer whale was named "Willy") is an added plus!

Return to “Discussions”