Your Favourite Scent?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL
Sky Alton
Cleansweep Three

Your Favourite Scent?

Post by Sky Alton » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:26 pm

I can't remember this being asked before but I was thinking about it a lot while out walking today. Mine is most definitely woodsmoke, so autumn is a wonderful time of year for me as everyone makes bonfires. I also love rich, spicy smells most of all so the colder months are ideal for that as well.

I've recently invested in some Harry Potter themed candles - Gryffindor is hot chocolate, cinnamon and log fire. I was really happy to finally be able to light my pumpkin juice candle earlier in the week too: the scent of cloves is perfect to create a cosy atmosphere.

Anyone else?
"Does the Walker choose the path or the path the walker?" -Garth Nix
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
February Fortescue
Moontrimmer

Re: Your Favourite Scent?

Post by February Fortescue » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:15 pm

My absolute favorite candle scent is Hot Maple Toddy. It really warms me up in the fall and reminds me of fall leaves and the warmth of home.

During the summer, I love burning mulberry scented candles. Just love the smell.

My favorite scent from nature is honeysuckle. It grows wild here, and is a sure sign my favorite season is on its way!
av and sig by Professor Fumei Spookie
Kendra Givens
Moontrimmer

Post by Kendra Givens » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:25 pm

I do love the smell of bonfire. My favorite, favorite smell is the smell of blown out birthday candles. I get excited to sing happy birthday over a cake simply because I know I'll get to smell that at the end. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

Runner up smells in my world include apple spice/caramel apple in the fall or the mango-papaya candle I got as a gift for my mom from Ikea. I can't find that candle anymore and it makes me sad.
Raevia Ward
No broom

Post by Raevia Ward » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:56 pm

This will be super weird for some but my favourite smell is the smell of sunscreen, like the generic ones. It just triggers such a happy feeling in me, of summer and vacation and the sea and sand... Comforting.
Lora Wallabenger
No broom

Post by Lora Wallabenger » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:08 am

I've got loads of scents I love with cinnamon coming first on my list.
Also, I love the smell of green apple scented candle which really gets me . I just love it ! I too like the Furniture polish smell and fresh paint, I just can't get it.....but the smells make me really happy.
Leo Berlin
No broom

Post by Leo Berlin » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:31 pm

I know that this sounds really generically Ravenclaw, but I love the smell of books. All kinds of books. The ones with plastic-covered pages, the ones with paper pages, even board books. Wood is an additional smell I enjoy. I don't know why. It just makes me feel nice. An additional scent would be mint tea, I love drinking it at school now that we're online.
Audun Helsing
No broom

Post by Audun Helsing » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:33 pm

There's nothing quite like the smell of a bonfire. The scent is synonymous with Autumn for me because as a kid, I used to love having apple cider in the fall next to a crackling bonfire. A close second is the smell of rain after a hot summer day.
Lorainia Riverrider
No broom

Post by Lorainia Riverrider » Fri May 22, 2020 1:17 am

I have two favorite scents. One is the air after a nice spring rain. The other is fresh cut hay.
Sindor Aloyarc
No broom

Post by Sindor Aloyarc » Sun May 24, 2020 3:53 pm

Lilacs! (and Apple Blossoms
BBQ Smoke and Gasoline
Rain and Crisp Autumn Leaves
Eucalyptus and Mint
Coffee and Freshly Baked Bread)
'—There's a power in every breath. There's a power in every note. A power that starts within the heart, a power that rises through the throat.' The Princess and the Goblin
Charlie Spencer
No broom

Post by Charlie Spencer » Mon May 25, 2020 11:41 pm

Something about a fresh after-rain smell really calms me down, especially in the summer time; the temperature tends to be a little cooler, a nice break from the hot weather. Also, everything always looks a little greener :)

Return to “Discussions”