Your Favourite Scent?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Your Favourite Scent?

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

I can't remember this being asked before but I was thinking about it a lot while out walking today. Mine is most definitely woodsmoke, so autumn is a wonderful time of year for me as everyone makes bonfires. I also love rich, spicy smells most of all so the colder months are ideal for that as well.

I've recently invested in some Harry Potter themed candles - Gryffindor is hot chocolate, cinnamon and log fire. I was really happy to finally be able to light my pumpkin juice candle earlier in the week too: the scent of cloves is perfect to create a cosy atmosphere.

Anyone else?
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Re: Your Favourite Scent?

Post by February Fortescue »

My absolute favorite candle scent is Hot Maple Toddy. It really warms me up in the fall and reminds me of fall leaves and the warmth of home.

During the summer, I love burning mulberry scented candles. Just love the smell.

My favorite scent from nature is honeysuckle. It grows wild here, and is a sure sign my favorite season is on its way!
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

I do love the smell of bonfire. My favorite, favorite smell is the smell of blown out birthday candles. I get excited to sing happy birthday over a cake simply because I know I'll get to smell that at the end. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

Runner up smells in my world include apple spice/caramel apple in the fall or the mango-papaya candle I got as a gift for my mom from Ikea. I can't find that candle anymore and it makes me sad.
Raevia Ward
No broom

Post by Raevia Ward »

This will be super weird for some but my favourite smell is the smell of sunscreen, like the generic ones. It just triggers such a happy feeling in me, of summer and vacation and the sea and sand... Comforting.
Lora Wallabenger
No broom

Post by Lora Wallabenger »

I've got loads of scents I love with cinnamon coming first on my list.
Also, I love the smell of green apple scented candle which really gets me . I just love it ! I too like the Furniture polish smell and fresh paint, I just can't get it.....but the smells make me really happy.
Leo Berlin
No broom

Post by Leo Berlin »

I know that this sounds really generically Ravenclaw, but I love the smell of books. All kinds of books. The ones with plastic-covered pages, the ones with paper pages, even board books. Wood is an additional smell I enjoy. I don't know why. It just makes me feel nice. An additional scent would be mint tea, I love drinking it at school now that we're online.
Audun Helsing
No broom

Post by Audun Helsing »

There's nothing quite like the smell of a bonfire. The scent is synonymous with Autumn for me because as a kid, I used to love having apple cider in the fall next to a crackling bonfire. A close second is the smell of rain after a hot summer day.
Lorainia Riverrider
Oakshaft 79

Post by Lorainia Riverrider »

I have two favorite scents. One is the air after a nice spring rain. The other is fresh cut hay.
Thank you Ivey for my siggy and avatar!

Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much. -Helen Keller
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Lilacs! (and Apple Blossoms
BBQ Smoke and Gasoline
Rain and Crisp Autumn Leaves
Eucalyptus and Mint
Coffee and Freshly Baked Bread)
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Charlie Spencer
No broom

Post by Charlie Spencer »

Something about a fresh after-rain smell really calms me down, especially in the summer time; the temperature tends to be a little cooler, a nice break from the hot weather. Also, everything always looks a little greener :)
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

Oh, I have quite a few. I love the smell of woodsmoke, when I am outside, either walking, camping, toasting marshmallows. Basically, I like it when I am outside. Due to it, I also love bonfires.

For indoor smells, I like hints of lavender, but most of all, clean cotton. I have quite a few candles of the latter and love to light then up. In summer times, I also like to light citronella candles as their plus is that they repel bugs.

When it comes to perfumes or colognes, I prefer citrusy smells.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Jansen Cullipher
No broom

Post by Jansen Cullipher »

If you did not know, ULTA has come out with a Harry Potter line, where they include a lotion for each of the houses. Gryffindor is scented in blackberries and warm vanilla. Slytherin is scented in soothing rain drops. Hufflepuff is scented in wildflowers, Finally, my house, Ravenclaw is scented in crisp cucumber. I do not really identify with the house scents created by ULTA, but I thought it was fun to look at, If any of you identify with these scents I would love to know! Personally I love the smell of a sweet bakery scent, things such as fresh bread, warm vanilla, spices, caramel, butterscotch, candied pecans, cotton candy, and every now and then a touch of fruit among the sweet smell of baked goods, so pretty much anything sweet. However that does not include chocolate, though it may taste delicious, the smell of it is not my thing. Can you tell I have a sweet tooth?
Jansen Cullipher
Emma Allen
No broom

Post by Emma Allen »

Definitely the scent of fresh baked cookies, cakes, ...! I love that sweet backery scent and almost can't wait to taste it as well.
Celestia Hawkings
No broom

Post by Celestia Hawkings »

One of my favorite scents in candles or perfume would have to be vanilla or mens cologne, i'm not sure why but those things smell super nice.
I also like perfume that has a sweeter, fresh type of smell and also mint! :D
River Grey Phoenix
No broom

Post by River Grey Phoenix »

Now when it comes to this I have a few things I can think of right away!
First being my favourite candle which is called Vanilla Cashmere.
Second would be my perfume I wear which is Aura by Mugler.
And Third but not lastly would be Vicks Vapour rub.... very strange but it smells amazing to me!!
Alexa Winters
No broom

Post by Alexa Winters »

My all time favorite scent is lavender, but also really love lilacs, roses, in general floral scents. I also love the smell of coffee, rain, and fall/autumn leaves (if that makes sense lol).

Return to “Discussions”