Let's Talk Cereal

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Let's Talk Cereal

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

As I poured my bowl of cereal this morning (Cinnamon Toast Crunch), I was intently thinking about the fact that I did not want it to sit long enough to get soggy and how I wished we had whole milk instead of 2% for me to use with it. Cereal preferences are such a particular thing - what are your preferences? Favorite kinds? A particular type of milk or consistency? Do you just have an utter dislike of cereal in general?
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Re: Let's Talk Cereal

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

I totally agree in that I hate it to go soggy, particularly stuff like cornflakes which don't have too much structural integrity to begin with. If something interrupts breakfast, I tend to get very grouchy as it usually means the difference between a bowl of cereal and a bowl of mush.

Now I'm living at home again I just have semi-skimmed milk as that's all we have in the fridge. When I lived alone, I actually used to have yoghurt on my cereal as it kept for longer than a bottle of milk would. It might sound weird but it was a very nice combo.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Adaleine Shuster

Post by Adaleine Shuster »

I have cereal almost every weekend morning. I don’t eat gluten, and try to avoid sugar, so my options are a bit limited. Corn Chex are great, and I actually love them soggy. I don’t know why, but I think they are amazing that way. Every so often for a little treat I will have peanut butter, honey, and Cheerios. It sounds weird, but its amazing! I don’t have milk with the Cheerio combination. My main milk is 2%, lactose free.
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

I always need to have breakfast in the morning. Can't go without it, my favorite meal of the day. I usually always have porridge (or oatmeal). When we don't have that, then I'll have cheerios, frosted flakes, fruit loops sometimes, or lucky charms. I always use either 1% or 2% milk on cereals. I only put milk on porridge if it's plain porridge.
Prof. Polaris Black
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Polaris Black »

Although I love all other dairy products, I've always hated milk so I was never interested in cereal. But lately I've been having oatmeal with cranberries and tahini for breakfast and I can make it with water!
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

Post by Evie Figg »

I've always loved cereal, however whenever I do have it, it's hard not to have multiple bowls of it! My favourites are Honey Nut Cheerios, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Nesquick, Shreddies and Mini Wheats!
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

I love cereal. I will eat cereal any time of day. My preference is any and all, especially chocolate or strawberry flavoured. Needs to be with cold milk. I love the crunch and prefer it over soft soggy cereals unless its a powdery, porridge or wheat based, then I also like those... I like to eat... :lol:

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Mia Fountain
Silver Arrow

Post by Mia Fountain »

My favourite cereals are those with sugar. Some of my favourites are brown sugar oatmeal, mini wheats, and shredded wheat (with sugar on top). I prefer cold milk, and I don't like my cereal soggy, other than oatmeal and shredded wheat. I haven't tried yogurt as a replacement for milk in my cereal, though it sounds like something I would enjoy.

Return to “Discussions”