Deja vu

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Deja vu

Post by Gail Allen »

I have never met anyone who hasn't had a deja vu. For me they happen in clusters. I won't have one for months and then in a week I'll have three. It's a rather interesting feeling and the situations where I have them can sometimes be quite interesting. And it made me wonder: When do other people have deja vus? Do you remember any specific ones? What felt deja vu'y about it? And do you like having them? For me it's a rather pleasant feeling actually. It's almost like stroking a very soft piece of fabric in my mind.
Kathren Johnsun
No broom

Re: Deja vu

Post by Kathren Johnsun »

For me, deja vu is one of the weirdest feelings. Mine are typically dream to real life moments. The first one I can vividly remember happening was at a Halloween/Costume party at one of my high school classmate's house. A group of us were sitting around a computer waiting to see the regional honor band results. I just had this really strange feeling of knowing this exact scene down to the wall color/pictures when I had never been into their house before that moment. The most recent was just this last week, I was training someone new at work and all of a sudden, I had to stand back a little bit because I was getting another deja vu moment both with the orders being produced (I work in a personalization department) and the person standing next to me who had just started that week (this would have been day 3 on the job) while the dream was weeks/months ago. So no, I don't really like when they happen, but they happen sporadically enough that I am ok with them when they do happen.

Return to “Discussions”