Sweets from the Harry Potter World

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL
Hannah R Thomas
No broom

Sweets from the Harry Potter World

Post by Hannah R Thomas » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:28 pm

Any particular sweets you've been wanting, or dying, to try?
Success just doesn't come and find you, you have to go get it yourself - Carmichael
Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the light - Albus Dumbledore
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Re: Sweets from the Harry Potter World

Post by Shiloh Adlar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:13 am

Given my dietary preferences, I don't think I could have any of these sweets, however, I think I would really like to try Pink Coconut Ice or Crystallised Pineapple. Both are fruit that are sweetened with sugar. I love pineapple, and I imagine it's similar to rock candy that I've seen. Pink Coconut Ice would be great simply because it's pink. I also love coconut!

I think I would also be interested in Fizzing Whizzbees despite the fact that sherbet is made with cream and there's a chance that billywig stings are used in them which automatically makes it a no for me. But they do make you float off the ground which is really cool! XD
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Post by Shadow Gaunt » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:29 pm

I would love to try the lemon sherbets and the fizzing whizzbees.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Post by Vanessa Tilley » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:28 pm

Funnily enough, I bought the Unofficial Harry Potter cookbook a few weeks back. There are a LOT of interesting recipes in there but the ones I REALLY want to try are Cauldron Cakes, Chocolate Frogs, and Pumpkin Pasties. Those are the kind of sweet treats I like to eat now :)

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:
Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Post by Alexander Brighton » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:23 pm

I'm not into cooking or anything, but that Unofficial Harry Potter cookbook sounds so awesome!!!

There are a lot of sweets that I won't eat, but I would be more likely to try a magical sweet from the Harry Potter world.

What is everyone's favorite Harry Potter sweets that you would likely try? Mine would be Chocolate Frogs and cauldron cakes.
Amy Darvill
No broom

Post by Amy Darvill » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:41 am

Definitely chocolate frogs for me. I know you can sometimes find them out in the real world. (I got lucky recently and found Bertie Bott's which was awesome!) Otherwise, I kinda lean more towards the general desserts almost more than the sweets? Don't get me wrong, you give me anything sweet and I'm delighted, but I do adore puddings like bread pudding and sticky pudding, so I'm more game to be invited to one of the Great Hall feasts than rob Honeyduke's. (I dare say robbing Weasley Wizarding Wheezes would be the worst of bad ideas!!)

Now, I do oddly want to try a blood pop. I want to know if it tastes like blood! (Yes, I have a lowkey fancy for vampires...what gave it away?)
"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one." ~The Doctor
Mia Fountain
No broom

Post by Mia Fountain » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:32 pm

I would like to try Butterbeer, I'm just not sure how it will taste. I would also like to try the Honeyduke's Chocolate and the Chocolate Frogs (I like chocolate!).

I bought my Niece the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook, a couple of years ago. I should borrow it and try some of the recipes out.
Lora Wallabenger
No broom

Post by Lora Wallabenger » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:29 am

I am dying to try pepper imps and chocolate frogs. Ice mice wouldn't be that bad..and I also want to try cauldron cakes, acid pops, fizzing whizzbees and pumpkin pasties . If I have a chance maybe some cockroach Clusters too !
Albus Togglebog
No broom

Post by Albus Togglebog » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:45 am

I've only tried Butterbeer (if this counts), Chocolate Frog (I got a Salazar Slytherin card) and Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans. I really want to try out the other sweets that have appeared in the books and movies.
"One can never have enough socks..."
Albus
May Dobby rest in peace...

Return to “Discussions”