Reminder: No City Names

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Discussion Mods

Hari O'Duibhleargain
No broom
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:16 pm
Location: Ravenclaw.

Post by Hari O'Duibhleargain »

According to HOL's privacy policy (found in this post in Announcements and in section 7.1 of the HOL Handbook), you may not post any personal information about yourself on HOL forums, for your own safety. This includes such things as your real name, phone number, address, etc.

Also, you are not allowed to post the name of the city you live in, happen to be in at the moment, or are going to be living in at some time in the near future on these forums, for those same reasons. I've been seeing quite a few people including their cities in their replies to the "Where Do You Live?" thread. That is against the rules here, please remember this /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> It will just be edited out anyway.

Last edited by Hari O'Duibhleargain on Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hari O'Duibhleargain~an381
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star
Posts: 1912
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:38 pm
Location: Macedonia, Europe

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom »


We all know a new term has started and 99% (*cough* some silly people like me make the other 1%) of us find that really exciting, especially because of class sign ups. And we also get many new HOL Sign Ups which is a good thing because they keep this place alive, but then again they also mean many new introductions, both here on the HOL Forum and on other Class Forums because when introducing themselves, some people get too excited and slightly forget the HOL rules. So as a small reminder please don't state your city's name in your introductions (or any other posts actually).

Remember that that's for your own safety! Plus cities always get edited out, it's just a matter of time.
But yes, it's always better to be on the safe side by double-checking before posting something to make sure that you haven't stated your hometown in you post. :)
Post Reply

Return to “Discussions”