What's your aesthetic?

Discussions about your interests outside of HOL

Moderator: Prefects

Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

What's your aesthetic?

Post by Evie Figg »

We all have aesthetics that our eyes are drawn to, as well as how we like to decorate our life. My aesthetics have evolved over the years, yet the main theme remains the same= witches!

My aesthetic started with sailor moon, purples, moons and stars, and evolved into black, emo, dark and macabre. I also dabbled into bohemian, hippie styles and whimsigoth aesthetics.

I have always been obsessed with anything vintage or medieval, however my favourite period of time, aesthetically, was the 1800's.

Playing Hogwarts Legacy was a dream come true for me, as I wished so bad I could live in that 19th century magical world!!

What about you? What are you favourite aesthetics?
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Re: What's your aesthetic?

Post by Adeline Morior »

My aesthetic has changed so much over the years. I would say Tim Burton, Halloween style mixed with Bohemian hippy, forest elf mixed in with some traditional Japan wood work. I love history and especially ancient history so the flowy loose like garment simple lifestyle with wooden or stone homes.

I have began getting a love for natural fibers as well but ultimately I dress mostly academia mixed bohemian hippy with a scatter geek girl mix in. I will go sophisticated dark Adams family some times for fun. Steam punk also allures me for the gears. I have a massive thing for pocket watches.

I would mostly play games that take me back to history such as Vikings, Egypt, Rome, Greek or even aboriginal tribes. I find these cultures fascinating and love the art and architecture they produced. Makes for awesome decorations I think.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

I love goth fashion and the colors black, red, and purple in dresses in that order. I love black and purple in decorations, too. I also have an eye for pastels like lavender, azure, and pastel pink. I enjoy florals among patterns, and like themes associated with nature. I like the color green because of it's soothing nature. I enjoy dreamy fairytale vibes with fantasy themes. But I also like goth and witchy themes.
I like oriental fragrances and anything that can be described as classy and refined.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Dibyarup James Potter
Oakshaft 79

Post by Dibyarup James Potter »

I prefer nicely fitted suits or semiformal jackets. Sometimes I also go with polos tucked into trousers or full-sleeve sweaters during the winter. My taste in fashion is rather "formal". The only time I am not wearing formal clothes is when I am playing tennis, I wear a T-shirt and shorts.
1st Yr. Gryffindor with an aptitude for Charms, PotionsDADA | Aspiring Auror
Pandora Green
No broom

Post by Pandora Green »

My style is a mix of Hippie, living in the forest with just my cat and Emo gothic.
It really depends cause as soon as the sun comes out i suddenly change everything black to colorful clothes.

Return to “Discussions”