Page 1 of 1

Changing house and/or name

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:48 pm
by Iverian Gnash
Are you able to change your house? If so, how would you do that? Also, are you able to change your name?

Re: Changing house and/or name

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:53 pm
by Will Lestrange
The process for changing your house is known as "Squibbing" and is detailed in the "Squibs" subsection of the HOL handbook (which can be found under the "Houses" section).

The procedure involves spending 5 school months with a special status, "Squib", which means you're not affiliated with a house. After being active for at least one term (the 5 school months) with that status and earning at least one quill, the "Squib" can then choose to join a house, with the approval of that house's Head. (You also need to have been active for a term and earned a quill in your original house before you're eligible to Squib, and there are different rules for people who Squib multiple times - but that's also detailed in the "Squibs" subsection).

For changing your name, you would need to talk to the Head Office with your proposed new name and your reason for changing names (e.g. if you accidentally used your full RL name as your HOL name when signing up).