Quills?

Ask questions about HOL
Please check the FAQ first
Tom Foster
Oakshaft 79

Post by Tom Foster » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi, I was wondering when Quills usually start to be awarded? Would it be July 1st?
Alexia Riaper
Silver Arrow

Post by Alexia Riaper » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Professors and Student teachers will start awarding quills after this Sunday. The Headoffice has to open it up first.
Tom Foster
Oakshaft 79

Post by Tom Foster » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:01 pm

ok thanks.
Maki Kou
No broom

Post by Maki Kou » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:50 am

I have a question regarding quills as well. It says on my Classes page that I've been awarded 2 quills; but on my main profile, it just mentions one quill. Will the system still count the 2 quills for me to advance a year?

Thanks!
[color=8366EA]An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
~Ghandi[/color]

Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:06 am

Hi Maki,

from what I can see, you should have a quill for the A Visit to Hogsmeade class too, but sadly the Teacher had an issue with the quills going through. Some of them apparently didn't show up. However, our own Mark-Hero will be looking over that issue and will fix it, so you will have the two quills you deserved before the end of the term, don't worry about it. :)
Last edited by Prof. Zoki Phantom on Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maki Kou
No broom

Post by Maki Kou » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:36 pm

Thanks Zoki! I've been a first year for 7 years and I didn't wanna pass this opportunity to finally advance to second year :P
[color=8366EA]An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
~Ghandi[/color]

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:59 am

Well done, Maki, to make sure that you don't become the very first 'first year student' for the 8th year in a row .... (would you be the first to do this?)

For anyone else who notices any anomaly, be it points or Quills, please be sure to mention it so it can be corrected as soon as possible. Once the school year 'ends', sometimes it is very difficult to correct things in the data base.

Get in touch with your Professor first, though, okay? Generally speaking, don't post it in here unless you have at least attempted to make contact with the teacher of the class first.

But be sure that it is an anomaly -- Maki's example is an anomaly. Unposted Quills are NOT necessarily an anomaly, it just means the Professor or Student Teacher has a busy RL (and/or has a LOT of last minute homeworks to correct)!

Zoki Phantom wrote:QUOTE (Zoki Phantom @ Jul 2 2010, 06:06 PM) Hi Maki,

from what I can see, you should have a quill for the A Visit to Hogsmeade class too, but sadly the Teacher had an issue with the quills going through. Some of them apparently didn't show up. However, our own Mark-Hero will be looking over that issue and will fix it, so you will have the two quills you deserved before the end of the term, don't worry about it. :)
Awww, the Ickle Prefects FIRST AAP post. Awwww. <3 Good job, Zoki.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Ask a Prefect”