Mirc?

Ask questions about HOL
Please check the FAQ first
Tom Foster
Oakshaft 79

Post by Tom Foster » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:29 pm

I downloaded mIRC and I chose my nicname and all that. Now whenever I try to go into a channel like #gryffindor, it says there's no one in the room, but when i sign in from the entrance hall, there are people in there. So why does mIRC say there isn't? Is there something I missed?
Niniel Sanders
Cleansweep One

Post by Niniel Sanders » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:37 pm

You are most likely on the wrong network.
You need to connect to the blitzed network

You go to 'options' and to the left you'll see a tag called servers. There you can scroll down and choose blitzed, random server. Remember to press select and not just ok, or you'll have the same problem next time you try to log on.
If this sounds like a lot of nonsense to you then type this into the first window mIRC opens and you should be connected to the right server until you close mIRC again.

/server irc.blitzed.org
Last edited by Niniel Sanders on Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Foster
Oakshaft 79

Post by Tom Foster » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:38 pm

Niniel Sanders wrote:QUOTE (Niniel Sanders @ Mar 13 2010, 11:37 AM) You are most likely on the wrong network.
You need to connect to the blitzed network

You go to 'options' and to the left you'll see a tag called servers. There you can scroll down and choose blitzed, random server. Remember to press select and not just ok, or you'll have the same problem next time you try to log on.
If this sounds like a lot of nonsense to you then type this into the first window mIRC opens and you should be connected to the right server until you close mIRC again.

/server irc.blitzed.org

Ok, thanks so much.

Return to “Ask a Prefect”