Late Class Enrollment

Ask questions about HOL
Please check the FAQ first
Fiona Bigglestone
No broom

Post by Fiona Bigglestone » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:19 pm

Once again, I seem to have registered for a class, where the professor's real life is very busy. The one class I signed up for has had no lessons posted and the professor is not answering PMs.

Is it officially too late to get into another class? I'm a post-graduate, but I really enjoy the classes here at HOL.
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Two

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:30 pm

I would suggest trying to contact a specific professor and ask them if it is too late to join their class. As it really is up to the Professors and they are able to manually add you to their class if they choose to accept you.
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~pr_pad~*~Hufflepuff Co-HoH~
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:32 pm

Fiona, I see you have just one class for which you are signed up. So it is possible that you 'could' take another class, since you haven't reached the maximum of 5 yet.

It is possible that another professor or student teacher might manually add you into their class, even if sign-ups are closed. (At least I think that button still works, the manually adding a student to one's class roster.)

Why not check with the classes, see what you want to take, and send a PM or HOL Message to a professor or student teacher and ask if you can join the class, albeit 'late'?

There are several classes where the assignments are due by the end of Term, rather than by the end of a certain month. And it's possible that, with a good reason like yours, a professor or student teacher would allow you to catch up without any penalties.

Good luck!

:D

edit: *snap* Rorey beat me to it! I'm leaving mine since I put in a bit more information ....
edit the second: It appears that you have points awarded to you from the one class? Is that a recent addition to your profile? Nevertheless, you can still be asking to join someone else's class.
Last edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... image by Susan Seddon Boulet
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Ask a Prefect”