Becoming A Student Teacher

Ask questions about HOL
Please check the FAQ first
Rowan Dream
Oakshaft 79

Post by Rowan Dream » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:59 am

I do not know if this the place to ask my questions but I'll try none the less

Okey first I'm Rowan and I wish to become a student teacher for the next term but I still have some questions about that

- If I wish to give awards how can I make them and how do I give them to students who have earned one?
- if I wish to give the tree best student more housepoints can I do so or do we have a limit number we can give example no more then 60?

thanks
Rosanna Gullveig
Oakshaft 79

Post by Rosanna Gullveig » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:01 pm

Hi Rowan,

First off all, good luck with your future class submission.

Now as for your questions...

- Once your class is accepted and you become a student teacher (or a professor for that matter), there are new areas that become visible to you. This means that you can apply to have class awards added to the database, and you have to ability to award them in your "Staff Room" area (which is only visible to you once you are a student teacher or higher). Most people create awards using a graphics program such as Photoshop or something of the sort. There are also criteria to follow, such as size of the graphic etc. All this can be done AFTER your class is accepted though, so no need to worry about it prior to that.

- As for giving more housepoints to the top students, that's not possible. That's where special awards come in. You can give your top students an award. There is a limit of 300 points per term that you can award students, which is based on their completing homework and extra credit assignments. This means that if you have 5 lessons, and have 5 HWs and 5 ECs each worth 30 points each, then you'd have gone over your point allowance if you decided to give your top students extra points. Plus, if you ask me, giving your top students MORE points, isn't really fair for the other people in your class who are working just as hard.

I hope this helps,

Rosa
In the midst of our lives, we must find the magic that makes our souls soar - Evelyn Beilenson
Adeliene Cromwell
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeliene Cromwell » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:14 pm

Also, to add to the 300 points maximum, the maximum you can give per assignment is 30 points. So yes, 60 points would be the maximum per month. So, for example, you cannot have have homeworks be worth 50 points each and quizzes worth 70.
"Because I have loved life, I shall have no sorrow to die."- Amelia Burr
Thank you Cassie<333333
Rowan Dream
Oakshaft 79

Post by Rowan Dream » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:10 pm

thanks a lot you really help me a lot

Return to “Ask a Prefect”