Beans.

Ask questions about HOL
Please check the FAQ first

Moderator: Prefects

Askeron Kyle
Oakshaft 79

Beans.

Post by Askeron Kyle »

I'm confused, I had 48 beans when I started feeding my 10pets, but after I fed 4 of them it started saying I didnt have enough beans to feed them. I thought it was a glitch so I started again, only for it to say I had no beans. I definitely had 48 beans when I started feeding them, so how did it go down to no beans after only feeding 4 of them?
AskyKyle|as483|Hufflepuff|
PostGrad|Pezzie'sHuffieSis|
Hollers|Hufflepuff Staff.
Siggy by Efie
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Re: Beans.

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

I think only Prof. Dario Brighton will be able to help you with this, as nobody else is able to locate bugs and glitches in the code. Drop him a line at dario @ hol.org.uk (without the spaces) with a detailed explanation and hopefully he can look into it.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Askeron Kyle
Oakshaft 79

Post by Askeron Kyle »

I sent an email to Dario as I was advised but didnt get a reply. Can someone tell me how to get beans, as I can't remember because it's a long time since I started Hol, and I have had two pets run away already and I have had most of them for a long time.
Siggy by Efie
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Hey, Askeron!

Fed your pets to make sure the running away part isn’t as much of a concern immediately. <3

Wish I could be of more help with the technical issues you’ve ran into, but as far as earning beans goes:

One way is certain Activities around HOL (Silvana’s Ravenclaw Garden over on The Roost offers beans for tasks, as an example, and there will be some upcoming options over the next couple months here on the main forums to watch for during May and June).

Check out the castle Newspaper, The Howler, where there will typically be at least one or two puzzles available to earn beans for submitting.

Another favorite place of mine is Book Club where they tend to keep a rotation of fun things going like Quick Quotes, and Literary Conundrum or Literary Road Trip where people can gain some beans as well! :D
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Askeron Kyle
Oakshaft 79

Post by Askeron Kyle »

Thank you very much Prof. Sindor for feeding my Pets, sending me beans, and giving me ideas of how to get them :)
Siggy by Efie
Briana Mullen
No broom

Post by Briana Mullen »

how can i spend my beans cant find the ally help plzzzz
Mia Fountain
Silver Arrow

Post by Mia Fountain »

There currently isn't a way to spend your beans, other than by feeding someone's pet. At one point you were able to visit Hogsmeade, but that was taken down after a site update. I believe it is still in development.

Return to “Ask a Prefect”