Introductions

Class led by Prof. Gustavo Flores

Moderator: Prof. Gustavo Flores

Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Introductions

Post by Prof. Gustavo Flores »

This is the place where you can introduce yourself to the rest of the class! You can tell us why you decided to take this class, what other HOL classes you are taking, what do you like doing, which your favorite Disney Movie or Disney Moment, or anything else you think convenient. Remember that, if you wish, this can be 10 points worth of assignment or extra credit.

I'll start myself:

I'm Prof. Gustavo Flores, from the fantastic and noble Ravenclaw House. I am Mexican, I am 34 years old. I studied Communications, and have a Master Degree in Education. Outside of HOL I am a High-School Professor/Counselor. I truly love my job! It's easily one of the best things that has happened to me! Ok, what else?? Literature, Cinema, and dancing are the activities I enjoy doing the most! I'm always reading a book, I can never say no when it's about watching a movie, and most of my free time is spent in dancing rehearsals or dancing classes (jazz, ballet, contemporary).

The performing parts are hugh part of my life as well! I have been fortunate enough to perform in professional school productions, in plays like "The Phantom of the Opera", "Beauty and the Beast", "Shrek: The Musical", "The Wizard of Oz", among others. My favorite being, (you guessed it right!) "Beauty and the Beast"

Besides Disney Studies: The Classics, I am also teaching Care of Magical Pets and And the Oscar Goes To, Take 1. Make sure to check them out!

My favorite Disney Movie?? This is such a hard question!!! I always keep moving between Oliver and Company, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King or Beauty and the Beast! I guess it just depends on my mood!!

So, who's next?! Nice to meet you all!! And can't wait to begin!!
Amy Darvill
Oakshaft 79

Re: Introductions

Post by Amy Darvill »

Hi there, I'm Amy Darvill. I'm a fifth year Hufflepuff Prefect and Student Teacher. I teach Lesser Known Characters of Harry Potter, which is on loan to me from Emily Spencer. Outside of HOL, in the real world, I'm a retail deli lead in a grocery store and have been there for 5 years also. So whatever was happening in 2018 was apparently some good luck magic for me. (Well okay the job is debatable somedays lol)

Outside of work, I'm very slowly teaching myself crochet. Slowly because I'm a mood worker, don't have alot of free time, and I'm teaching myself as a lefty. I did go to one class, but I had to actually do it with my right hand and then teach it to myself in reverse. Beyond that, I'm into playing the Sims, very tempted to play some other video games if I had the time, and am getting back into reading after falling into a pretty bad slump the last couple of years. I'm tempted since I can't jump into a video game that I want to play right now, of reading all of the books related to that media (forgotten realms/dungeons and dragons related).

I also love cooking and watching cooking programs. As for Disney, I'm a little behind on it, if I'm being honest. I grew up in the 90s with all the disney princess VHS and watching Disney Channel, but somewhere along the line, I haven't kept up. I know about all the newer projects, but I can't say that I've watched them. So my favorites are those from the 90s and my top two films were Pocahontas and Beauty and the Beast. Lion King is pretty high up for me as well!
Harry Walles
Oakshaft 79

Post by Harry Walles »

Hi everyone!

I am super excited to be a part of this class! I absolutely love Disney and I am deeply in love with the nature of this class.

What can I say about myself? Here in Hol, I am a jigsaw enthusiast and love being active around Hol whenever I have time to do so. I am really excited to continue my life here in HOL and keep on going forward with my education here.

In real life, I am married and have three children. I am also an accountant. I have two pets - one ferret and one cat. I Because of being a dad, I do have that excuse to watch more Disney movies here and there, but I have noticed I cry way more on them now than when I was much younger.
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

Hello! I'm February Fortescue, a 5th year Slytherin. I love taking classes here and have no idea how I missed this one!

In the muggle world I have degrees in English, French and Social Work and worked for many years as an Adult Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Survivor Counselor and Court Advocate. Currently I'm a full time caretaker for my brother.

My hobbies include solving heart pounding Sudoku puzzles and deep diving into true crime. I have 2 dogs: Deacon, a 40 pound mix, and Sherman, a 10 pound Toy Poodle.

My favorite Disney movie is a little known film called The Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin. It stars Roddy McDowall, who did an amazing job.

My dream career after graduating Hogwarts is to become the next Madam Trelawney (although Librarian is also tempting.)
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Ellie Vernez
No broom

Post by Ellie Vernez »

Hi my name is Ellie Vernez, 28 and Im a third year Gryffindor. I took this class because I absolutely love disney, and im a 90s child so grew up watching all the classics on the vhs tapes.

On Hol I love doing puzzles and taking part in different types of activities

In the muggle world I work in a private nursey looking after babies up to the age of two, which I absolutely love. I also do baking with my mum on the side.

I have a dog called Joey and a cat called Loki.
And other hobbies include reading, writing , spending time with family and friends and watching horrors, marvel and action adventure, fantasy films and tv

Return to “Disney Studies”