Introduce yourself

Lamia Brickley
Oakshaft 79

Introduce yourself

Post by Lamia Brickley »

(I hope it's ok to post a new topic. And to post this topic here. I didn't know where else it would fit... If this topic is not wished then just delete it)

Hello everyone,
I thought as this forum is for all us HOLers to come and have fun, but don't really know each other, I make this new topic, so that everyone can shortly introduce themselves =) I know that there is a thread at the HOL forum. However, this is another one and not everyone wants to look through all the 89 pages and search the people who are also active HERE, right?

But please stick to HOL rules, and don't give away too personal details.

I just start then.
I'm Lamia Brickley, currently 19 years old (20 in November) and at the moment I study Chemistry. It's a bit like Potions ^^
I'm from Germany, so my English might be incorrect sometime :oops:
I joined HOL last year and got sorted into Hufflepuff. I'm really happy to be here and meet new friends, attend classes and hang around the Sett (Hufflepuff Common room) and now also around in the Hollers forum.
When I don't have to attend university courses or learn for them, I really love to read. I read mostly children's and youth fantasy books like Harry Potter (obviously), Artemis Fowl, Bartimaeus...
I also like hanging around with friends, doing sports or play the piano.
I really enjoy drawing and crafts or playing computer games, watching TV shows or movies.
There's almost nothing I don't like or that doesn't interest me in any way ^^ I just have to little time for all my interests. That's why I'm not best at anything but can do everything a bit. But it's fun to do so much even if I often can't decide what to do and just end up strolling through HOL ^^

That was me in a nutshell. I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you here a bit :)
Seraphina Severus
No broom

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Seraphina Severus »

Hello everyone! My name is Seraphina, you can call me Sera if you'd like, and I am a third year Gryffindor. In real life I am 23 years old and I am from Michigan. I really enjoy hanging out with friends, watching movies/TV, reading (Percy Jackson, The Ranger's Apprentice, Little House and I really love autobiographies), paranormal, history and going to concerts.
As for my life on HOL... Last year I kind of slacked during my second year on HOL so this year I really am trying hard to stay active (that is why I wanted to join this club) along with just keeping up with all of my homework and all of the things going on with my common room. This term I am taking An Introduction to Divination, Care of Magical Creatures, Dragons, Son of Poseidon and Word Magic.
I am definitely excited to get to know more people from the other houses!
Made by Fumei
Brighid Katz
No broom

Post by Brighid Katz »

Hi Everyone!

I'm Brighid (pronounced Bree-id). I'm a 2nd year Hufflepuff and this term I'm taking Intro to Divination, Palmistry, and Worldbuilding.

In real life I'm 26 years old (April 22nd) and from Massachusetts, USA. I'm currently unemployed, looking for part-time work and also at the same time contemplating working part-time on entrepreneurial type stuff (reiki, writing and graphic design right now... maybe after i study more, divination). I'm a multimedia fangirl (current major obsession? Welcome To Night Vale, to the point where i'm working on a cosplay for the adult ed program Halloween party -- since i assume that's happening since halloween's a friday this year). I'm also a writer and i help run a writing chatroom elsewhere. i also take adult ed classes at a couple different programs. I'm considering a couple other education programs in the future, but i'm still not sure yet.
Brighid Katz |2nd Year Hufflepuff|Member of: HOL Bookclub, HOLLERS
Wand: 11.00" Willow, Unicorn Tail Hair|Personal Motto: Ex amicitia familia = From Friendship Family
~MY HOL Profile~
Matilde Rayne
Moontrimmer

Post by Matilde Rayne »

Hiiii everyone.

I'm Mattie. I'm a fourth year Ravenclaw who doesn't spend nearly enough time out of the Roost. (Every time I try to be sociable, if there's not quidditch involved, I tend to fail at it, BUT I think HOLLERS will be different. I'm optimistic about my own motivation this term. >_<)

I'm 23 years old, and I'm from the United States - Florida, more specifically! While I spent rather a bit too long deciding what to study at university (and another bit too long dealing with health problems), I've finally settled happily into studying chemistry. I also get really excited when I find someone else who studies and/or likes chemistry, soooo... *clings to Lamia*

Outside of school, I enjoy things like reading comics, reading actual books (science fiction and fantasy, mostly), baking, bird watching (or really just nature walks, I guess?), and video games... and other such things.

Brighid, you're the third person I've heard about Welcome to Night Vale from. I feel like I need to check this out now, haha.
Ailime Wright
Moontrimmer

Post by Ailime Wright »

Awesome initiative Lamia!
And of course I'm gonna join:

So, yeah, everyone knows me for Ailime, which is an anagram for my real name. I am 21, originally from Romania, but moved to UK to study Marketing and Events Management. I'm a bit of a geek sometimes, but also a trouble-maker. It's weird, but I've always been into unusual stuff, like palmistry, zodiacs or dream interpretation, and I tend to complicate my life trying to find meaning for out-of-ordinary things. So the books that I read are usually on that theme. I absolutely love tv shows and I'm currently watching like 9 at the moment! :lol: Also Photoshop. And I'm in love with anything Spanish. Fun fact: I managed to learn it by myself at the age of 6, by listening to my favorite Spanish singer.

I wonder if there's a character limit to this...
Satsuki Rotgelle
No broom

Post by Satsuki Rotgelle »

Hi everyone, I'm Satsuki (Sat-Tsu-Ki. You have to bite your tongue a little at the 'Tsu' word to pronounce my name) and I'm a Ravenclaw first year. I joined HOL just a few months ago, and I'm a passive member before, and currently active again.so I'm glad to meet you guys, how
do you do?

I'm originally 15-years-old indonesia girl and I got to a High School . I just started my 2nd grade at school this year. I used to learn anything about English because I wanted to take my college there. I love to read, listening to music, singing (even in a bathroom ! You would sure that I have another profession, bathroom singer), and watching movies. You also could find me in a park, because I used to like to walking around the park at the afternoon.
I think HOLLER would be great, especially for the first years like me. We got a chance to meet many friends.

before HOLLER,I joined HOL pen pal club and suddenly its disappeared, I guess HOLLER must be replace it.
Catriona Stella
No broom

Post by Catriona Stella »

My name is Catriona and I am from the UK. Catriona is Gaelic and it is a variant of Katherine.

My interests are walking in the countryside and reading about country crafts and traditions as well as country lore. When I get the chance I like to visit historical places of interest. I have visited Tilbury Fort and Coalhouse Fort which are located in Essex. I have taken part in organised walks at Chafford Hundred Gorges, Rainham RSPB nature reserve and at Davy Down Woods. My other interests include reading the Harry Potters books and other related books, as well as the Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and other related books.

I hope to make new friends here and meet people with similar interests
Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Post by Kim Alting »

Hi everyone,

For those who haven't seen me around af HOL, I'm Kim. Friday is my birthday (October 10). I will turn 22.
I'm a Pharmacy student from Holland, currently doing my masters.
I like watching series (Vampire Diaries, Prison Break, The Leftovers, True Blood, all kinds of genres). I also like being creative, mostly doing handcrafts. So far I really enjoy being a part of the HOL community and hope we'll see eachother around.
Camila Kay
No broom

Post by Camila Kay »

Happy Birthday Kim!

My name is Camila, and I am a second year Ravenclaw. In real life I am a high school student in the USA. I love reading, science, browsing Pinterest, and playing different saxophones (I play 4). During the summer I love running around at different fairs, showing sheep and making friends. I love talking to all the awesome people on HOL, so don;t be afraid to stop in and say hi!
Thank you Ari for my wonderful siggie!
Yumicho Liu
No broom

Post by Yumicho Liu »

Hello, I'm Yumicho Liu
Hufflepuff First Year.
You can call me Yumi, Yummy, Choko, Chocolate.
By the way, Yumicho is read as Yumiko. My father made mistake so he registered my name Yumicho not Yumiko
I'm 16 y.o and I'm from Indonesia. I always wonder if Wizarding World really exist, it will be great.
I love reading and eating sweets. I wanna try eat Chocolate Frog, Bertie Bott every flavour beans, and every Honeydukes products.

Nice to meet you !
Hope we can be friends !
Artemisia Delacroix
No broom

Post by Artemisia Delacroix »

Hello! My name is Artemisia. I love reading, tea, and my cat. Sadly, that pretty much sums up my life! Oh, and quidditch. Lots and lots of quidditch in RL!
-------------------
GERONIMO!
Beans, Jake. Beans.
Click HERE for my HOL Profile!
Alessandra Grace
No broom

Post by Alessandra Grace »

Hello everybody :D
I'm Alessandra (Ale, Alex, Ales) and I'm 21. In RL I come from Italy and study Ancient Literature at University (Ancient Greek and Latin <3).

I like reading and writing (I'm writing a fantasy book), listening to music, meeting and chatting with friends :)

See you around!

Ale
Hear me roar!
Genie Dawn

Post by Genie Dawn »

Hey there everyone, I'm Genie and I am 25 this year. :) I am from Texas and officially graduated college this year so I am really just getting my life started. I love to read, and watching my television shows. I am obsessed with Doctor Who old and new. I look forward to getting to know you all a little better. :)
Joey Stark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Joey Stark »

Hi!

My name's Joey and I'm 22. I'm Irish in heritage and currently living in the UK.
I just finished my first degree in Film and Television Studies.
I'm a (proud) Ravenclaw but with a kind of Slytherin interest-I love reptiles and own two snakes currently (hoping to expand!). I love reading, my favourite book is Catch-22 and I really like works by Tolkien and Bret Easton Ellis. I also have a big interesting in film and television unsurprisingly :P. My favourite films are Taxi Driver, The Shining and Full Metal Jacket (I'm a Kubrick fan) and The Rocky Horror Picture Show. My favourite TV show is It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia and I also like House of Cards, Friends, Whose Line is it Anyway?, The Mighty Boosh and a bunch of others :).

I have three cats who I love immensely and a passion for advocacy for Autistic People.

I love my house and all the people in it but I'd also like to meet people from other houses. I'm very shy in real life but I'm much more comfortable talking to people online, so feel free to talk to me!
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

Hello everyone! I'm Arianna, you can call me Ari but please don't call me Anna or Ann. I'm 26 (27 in January!!) I live in the USA on the East Coast with my husband. I work as a theatre and event technician, which is basically everything in the performing arts and events, except for the acting. My most favorite thing to do though is weddings; i love being involved with people's special day and helping to make them as stress-free as possible.

When I'm not working I love reading, watching shows on Netflix and HULU, hanging out with my nephew and niece, and doing puzzles!

I loved Pottermore and was really sad when the interactive part was taken away, but luckily I found HOL, and I'm so glad I did!!!
Sapphire Riddle
No broom

Post by Sapphire Riddle »

Hi guys!

Well, my name is Sapphire, but you can call me:
Sapph, Sapphs, Sapphie, Saphs, Saph, Saphie, Riddle, Brainteaser, Headache, Lady, Voldy, Lady Voldy, Nutty, Dog, Woof, Subwoofer- actually, anything you like as long as I get that you mean me.

Now, before we get any further, I would like to warn you. Every full moon, except for this month as it's Christmas Day, I turn pure evil. Pure evil. It's not my fault, if I could I wouldn't, but as my great-grandad was- more likely than not- Tom Marvolo Riddle, things don't quite go to plan.

Even though I suspect my great-grandad was the most dangerous wizard of all time, my grandad- Ralph Riddle- shows, and always showed, no sign of magic. However, he was orphaned at a young age, so I have no idea if he was actually a squib, not a muggle. This means that I am a muggleborn.

I'm extremely happy to say that I am in Ravenclaw and proud.

Fast Facts (because I want to say some more but long paragraphs aren't going very well for these):

~My patronus (yes, I've already managed a corporal one) is a hare.
~I strongly suspect my boggart is a failed test.
~I'm planning to become an animagus.
~I'm hopeless at spelling HP words, especially names. I mean, I thought there's someone called Newt Scalamander!
A.K.A. Buttercup. Call me that at your own risk. My pet cow will not happily roam in your room.
Cliodna Levebre
No broom

Post by Cliodna Levebre »

Just signed up for this site.. :lol:

Hi everyone,

I'm Cliodna Levebre, a First Year Student of Ravenclaw. I just realized there's another site besides HOL that seems interesting. I'll try to learn this site as well. I took 5 classes this term, but I'm active on 3 classes only. :?

In RL, I live in East Java province, Indonesia, and work in Government Department of Education. My hobby is reading (of course), and I also enjoy photography. If you have the same hobby with me, feel free to share it.
Rayne Devereaux
No broom

Post by Rayne Devereaux »

Hey all! I thought I did this already but I guess not! ^_^

I’m Rayne, but sometimes go by Ray or Raynebow. I’m 25 years old and live in the USA on the East Coast. I’m a second year Slytherin and fingers crossed I’ll finally end up in third year next September.

RL decided to steal me away for quite some time but now I’m doing everything possible to be active in HOL once more. Since the term is almost over, I’ll probably edit this later on with my spring classes. xD

I love reading, taking hikes and watching Netflix during my free time. I’m always open to new suggestions for books, movies, and shows if anyone has some. I somehow have some to the end of my long list of things to watch and read. :3
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

Hello! Feel free to call me February :) Or Feb. I'm flexible. And I was born in February as well. Funny, right? Ok, maybe, not.

I have a couple of college degrees and am currently a caretaker to a brother who is going through physical therapy for a broken foot. Once he fully heals, I plan to return raising therapy dogs.

I love horror movies and reading dramatic nonfiction.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.

Return to “HOLLERS”