Super Bowl LII

Discuss Football, Tennis, Bowling, Rugby, Cricket...

Moderator: Prefects

Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Super Bowl LII

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

So, the Super Bowl is just around the corner here in the United States. Even though I don't normally watch football games throughout the season, I do try to watch the Super Bowl every year. My husband does not like football so I tend to watch the game alone while he goes off and does something else.

Does anyone plan on watching the Super Bowl this year? Is there any traditions that you do for the Super Bowl like have a party, watch the game with the family, or wear a jersey to watch the game?

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:

Tags:
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Re: Super Bowl LII

Post by Shadow Gaunt »

I first learned of the Super Bowl 2 years ago. My family doesn’t ever watch football, and I don’t either. However, I do watch highlights of the match the next day or two just to get sense of what exactly happened. The Super Bowl is so important to America, and I understand that many people create traditions around it. I am interested to see what traditions people have, even though myself and my family never watched the whole game.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

The only sport my dad ever really introduced me to was baseball, so I don't know anything about football either. As far as the Super Bowl, I have no interest in watching it, but I will sometimes watch the half time show online the next day just so I know what people are talking about when they mention it. I know I've heard from some people that they watch the Super Bowl only for the half time show. Sometimes it can be okay, and other times, I get bored. I still don't really get the big deal around it though.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Emanuel Hines
No broom

Post by Emanuel Hines »

I don't know much about Superbowl, but I am going to watch a little this time; because it would be fun to see something new, especially because I am not a sport lover. I heard some things about it and now I am going to watch it a little. Hope it will be interesting enough. Who knows? Maybe I will continue with it.
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

Once again, the Super Bowl is coming up! The games taking place tomorrow are those that will determine the teams competing in the Super Bowl and I am actually a little bit invested. I know that we don't know the outcome of these games yet, but I wanted to get the ball rolling and see who everyone's rooting for!

I never used to be that interested in football, but now since it's the only sport my boyfriend keeps tabs on it has nevertheless become a fixture in my life. I watched last year's Super Bowl with his family and will likely do the same this year, hopefully accompanied by some delicious food. I don't have any traditions associated with it yet, but there's always time to make some!
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

I've never understood the hype of the Super Bowl because I personally don't like sporting events when I don't support any of the teams involved - with relatively few exceptions. (In fact I don't like watching games of teams I do support if I think they're going to lose... just doesn't feel worth it! To be fair, that's cost me at least one amazing comeback - when I left a watch party at the half because my team was down 38-10, and when I got back I found out we were in the midst of a 28-0 fourth quarter to win 45-44!)

In any event, my Ravens managed to lose in the quarterfinals yet again, so... as far as I'm concerned the NFL season is over!
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

I'm a major football fan, so I am super excited about the Superbowl. Plus, this year it has the added benefit of being televised the day after my birthday!

Unfortunately, my beloved Dallas Cowboys are not playing in the game (shocker, I know), but I will be wearing my Brady jersey and cheering loudly for Tampa Bay. I actually hate the Patriots, but like Brady, so this works out well for me.

Traditionally, the hubs and I load up on junk food and become certified 'couch potatoes' for Superbowl Sunday. Even my daughter, who is not a football fan, will drag her toys out to the living room and be part of things. Mom has no delusion that it's because of the game; the kid just wants her share of the junk food lol.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

My favorite part of a Super Bowl is always the food and social aspect, hahahha. I’ve been to sports games off and on and they can be fun, but even then I’m much more intrigued by the tailgating and that sorta thing. I’m not huge for paying close attention to the screen when I’m at one of these parties, but I certainly am more interested when they go out of their way to have entertaining commercials!!!
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."

Return to “Sports Talk”