Farewell

Official Announcements
Prof. Zoki Phantom
Shooting Star

Farewell

Post by Prof. Zoki Phantom »

Come September it will be 15 years since I joined HOL. I have been Headmaster for almost half my time here. Both of those are very long time periods and they have been a huge honor and a wonderful experience. Alas, all good things must come to an end.

I’ve been struggling for a while trying to figure out how to write my goodbye and I’ve concluded there is no right way to do so. This site has been a tremendous part of who I am. The time I’ve spent here and in my role as Headmaster have shaped me as a person - beyond the site itself. To find words that encompass my joy, my love, and my memories from the years feels like the hardest task I’ve had to do yet and that’s saying something as there have been quite a few difficult ones.

I would not have been able to do much if it wasn't for all the amazing people doing something cool in basically every corner of the site - be it creative artwork for some activity, or teaching a class that brought joy to eager students. A community is at its core what the members make it out to be, and oh boy do we have a fantastic bunch here that has created something absolutely magical. :) Thank you all for being a part of this and contributing to making it even better! :wub:

I want to extend my biggest appreciation to the current Head Office members, Dario and Kyrie, because in truth we’v done everything together. It was a pleasure working with you and I’m very happy with everything we’ve accomplished. *hugs*
Many thanks also to past Head Office members such as Ulol, Cassie, Missa, Scarlet, Amy, for all their support.
Rorey, thank you for being my partner in crime for so long. :ph34r:
Sin, thank you for making every message a warm hug.
Sky, thank you for being a superstar.

Obviously I cannot simply leave without passing on the keys to the Headmaster Office to someone. Luckily I had just the person in mind. You’ve known them for almost as long as you know me and given everything they’ve done around the site and their house, this should come as no surprise. Without further ado, please congratulate the new HOL Headmistress - Prof. Kyrie Adderholt! As part of the current Head Office she’s essentially already filled huge parts of the role and there will be very little that’s new to her. I trust the years ahead are looking very bright!

This in turn leaves the Head Office a bit weaker than it used to be. Worry not, that will be resolved soon as new members will be added to ensure all administrative work and general running of the school is going smoothly. Stay tuned for more info coming soon from your new Headmistress, Kyrie!

As for me - this is my last post at Headmaster but not yet my last appearance at HOL. For the time being I’ll be off on a sabbatical for an undefined time but I have no worry that whether it’s through activities or teaching classes, HOL will always be there to welcome me home.

No longer your Headmaster but forever grateful to have met so many wonderful people here,
Zoki

Return to “Announcements”