Accepting Applications: Departments and Newspaper

Official Announcements
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Accepting Applications: Departments and Newspaper

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Would you like to help out on HOL?
Two staff positions have opened up and the Head Office is seeking enthusiastic and responsible members to fill them. Please read the following information carefully and then follow the links to the application forms if you’d like to apply. Please note that while the forms invite you to log into a google account to save your progress so you can start and come back to it later, you do not need a google account to fill out and submit the form.
You don’t need to have been a staff member on HOL before to be considered. Both of these positions will require a time commitment though, so please only apply if you feel you’ll be able to put the hours in.
The deadline for applications for both positions is Wednesday the 3rd of August at 11:59 PM HOL-time.

Position 1: Newspaper Editor
We’re looking for an assistant editor for the school newspaper, The HOwLer. You need to have a keen eye for detail and a good working knowledge of English. You would edit submissions, brainstorm theme ideas, help come up with new features for the paper and approve submission ideas.
If this sounds like you, please click here to apply.

Position 2: Department Head
We’re creating a team of department heads to oversee both the Library Department and the Art Department simultaneously (previously, we had two sets of heads for each).
We’re searching for a creative, responsible and patient member to work alongside the current heads. You would need to come up with project ideas for both departments and moderate both areas to ensure that rules are being followed. This would involve reaching out to students to explain any moderation decisions you have to take (like removing a submission or a comment).
If you think you’d be a good fit, please click here to apply.

The HO would also like to thank the departing staff members: Gail Allen for years of service in the Library and more recently on the newspaper, and Lucia Dinapoli for taking on the role of Art Department Head last term.

Remember that the deadline to apply is 11:59 PM HOL-time on the 3rd of August!
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Re: Accepting Applications: Departments and Newspaper

Remember you have until 11:59 PM HOL-time tomorrow (3rd August) to apply for the above positions. Good luck!
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

New Newspaper and Department Staff

Thank you to everyone who submitted an application. We’re grateful for the time, enthusiasm and effort everyone put in.

The new assistant editor of the HOwLer will be Maxim Trevelyan

For the departments, we were intending to pick just one head to join the existing team but we had two applications that were so promising that we decided to add an additional person. Congratulations to Astor Arensin and Silvana Mandeville.

The very best of luck to Astor, Maxim and Silvana in their new roles.

If you were unsuccessful this time, don’t feel discouraged. HOL is always on the look out for passionate members to help out around the castle and we’d be glad to see you apply for other roles in the future.
(Av/sig by S. Elf)

Return to “Announcements”