Stars Read Harry Potter

Moderator: Prefects

Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Stars Read Harry Potter

Post by Iverian Gnash »

A few days ago, Wizarding World announced that stars from the Harry Potter films were going to read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. To start it off, Daniel Radcliffe read chapter one. The article about it and Radcliffe reading chapter one can both be found here.

Since we're all stuck at home for the time being, they thought it would be a great way to occupy ourselves by listening to our favorite actors read the series. I've listened to the video already and thought he did a really great job with his tone and character voices. I'm really excited to hear the other actors soon :D

Have you heard of this and listened to it yet?
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Isa Vestal
No broom

Re: Stars Read Harry Potter

Post by Isa Vestal »

Yeah! I actually just finished listened to Noma Dumezweni’s chapter! I didn’t realize her voice was so soothing until now.

Looking at the stars up next, I’m definitely most excited for Claudia Kim and Eddie Redmayne because I absolutely adore the Fantastic Beasts franchise but it’ll be cool to see the other stars as well.

Pigfarts, Pigfarts, here I come!
Pigfarts, Pigfarts, yum yum yum!
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

I was really impressed with Daniel Radcliffe as most actors actually aren't very good at narrating books until they've had years of practice (they usually pause in all the wrong places). Apart from going a bit fast in sections, he did well; Iparticularly liked it towards he end when the conversation between Dumbledore and McGonagall gets heated as he really seemed to hit his stride there.

And I agree, Isa. Noma Dumezweni is just awesome and restful to listen to. She narrates The Tale of the Three brothers in the new audio book of Tales of Beedle the Bard so I'd definitely recommend looking into that if you like her style.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Isa Vestal
No broom

Post by Isa Vestal »

Sky, I’ll check it out for sure! I’ve been looking for new podcasts/audiobooks so this is actually perfect!

Pigfarts, Pigfarts, here I come!
Pigfarts, Pigfarts, yum yum yum!
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Eddie Redmayne read chapter 3 and my goodness it was a wild ride. He certainly got into it in a big way. Also, oddly, the way he read it actually gave me a tiny thrill. I don't really remember reading that particular bit of the book for the first time or what I thought of these mysterious letters but this time, in spite of having read the book so often, I sort of caught myself getting wrapped up in the mystery again (even though I knew how it would end). The dramaticand even slightly sinister spin he put on things really made me consider alternatives as to where the letters could be coming from.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

I was never the one for audiobooks. I find it difficult to concentrate on listening while I am doing other things. Or even if I am doing nothing.

But this thread certainly convinced me to try. I am looking forward to Eddie Redmayne the most!
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.

Return to “Pottermore”